24 interlude

Buckle in for this short but important chapter...

Carter's POV

Carter was pissed. She had spent all afternoon in bed until Ryder randomly showed up at her door and proceeded to let himself in as if he hadn't ditched her at the same party that he forced her to come to.

She had been eating cereal when he quite literally barged into her house.

"Get out," she told Ryder.

She was busy trying to sulk over what happened with Eli the night before and how she had most likely royally fucked up whatever she felt for him with her basketcase scene in her bed.

"I just wanna apologize, Cart."

God, she freaking hated that nickname, what was she? A car? She liked the nicknames Eli gave her better. She scowled at him.

"I don't actually care, Ry," she mocked him with a ridiculous nickname.

That clearly sent the wrong signal as he grinned at her. 

He came closer to her and Carter stuck her hand up to ward him away. She didn't like how easily he would touch her and be close to her.

Unfortunately, she didn't think that through, because he somehow knocked her bowl of cereal over and the milk spilled on his shirt.

She groaned. He quickly took off his shirt. "Oh damn, sorry Cart. Think you could get me a towel or something?"

She really didn't want to. She just wanted him to leave, but she was too nice, so she stalked off to her bedroom to get him a towel.

As she dug through the closet, she heard the front door open and then close quickly.

She frowned, speedwalking back to her kitchen. Not a lot of people came to visit her.

"Who was that?" She asked Ryder.

"No one. Wrong apartment," he shrugged.

She sighed, throwing the towel at him and sitting down to hear whatever he had to say to her.

a/n haha who doesn't love a cliche misunderstanding