(29)✅

I overheard a voice behind me

I overheard a voice behind me. When I turned around, Dante was peering at me. 

"what do you mean?" I asked.

"i heard you both talking in the morning."

"everything-"

"I never anticipated you to treat her in this manner. She is our sister Hunter! our family! Is this how you treat a member of your family?"

"I-I just didn't know-" 

"Every single phrase meant a lot to her. How could you refer to her as an orphan. The girl is 15 years old. She is young and immature. She lost her brother as well, just like you."

I raked my fingers through my hair in anger, "Yes, i did. I know, I fucked up."

"You must apologise."

Every word Dante stated is true. I shouldn't have uttered all of this, but I can't control my feelings. I can't just let it go like that. I have to speak to her.

Around midnight, everyone had gone to bed. I made the decision to approach Giana. I cautiously opened the door to discover her dozing out on the opposite side.

I walked to the bed and sat next to her after closing the door. I cleared her face of the hair knots. My heart ached as I saw her face.

How was I able to call her in such a way? She hasn't done anything wrong, so how could I say all that to her? She has always given everyone her support.

I said, "I'm sorry Giana," and kissed her forehead as I spoke near to her ear.

"I am aware of my mistake. I was unable to control my feelings. I acted rudely, and I am fully aware of it. "

As I maintained my palm on her forehead, I could feel that she had high fever.

I turned to gaze outside and saw the window open, thinking, she has been weak and pale since days and I didn't notice it.

The temperature was cold. I was going to stand up to close it when I felt strong grasping hands around my arm.

I turned to face her "don't l-leave." her eyes were closed as her lips twitched.

"Shh, sleep.  I'll shut the window so you don't get a cold."

She tightened her grip on my arm and said, "N-no, please don't leave."