Chapter 30: Zha Jiang Mian - Madam, let's go home

They were all imagining their future while the sauce was being prepared and the noodles cooked.

Ji Wan'er scooped the noodles into bowls, then added some shredded cucumber and carrot on top before drizzling half a spoonful of sauce.

"Wow, it looks so beautiful," Zi An exclaimed as he looked at the Zha Jiang Mian.

"Let's eat," Ji Wan'er said.

Soon, Ji Wan'er placed the bowls of noodles on the table.

She placed the largest bowl in front of Xiao Qingming and smiled, saying, "Husband, these noodles were specially made by me for you. Please eat more."

Xiao Qingming was overjoyed. He looked at Ji Wan'er. So she knew he loved noodles and made them specifically for him.

"Mmm."

The noodles made by Ji Wan'er were delicious. The family conditions were not good before, and the family liked it very much when there was no sauce. Now that the meat sauce is added, they love it even more. It was a good thing she made a lot, or else there wouldn't be enough to eat.

During the following days, Xiao Qingming would grind the soybeans every day. Sometimes when Ji Wan'er woke up, the beans were already grounded. The more she looked at Xiao Qingming, the more pleasing he became to her eyes.

Early in the morning that day, the three of them set off for the town.

Zi An naively said, "Brother is so nice. When he grinds the beans, we can sleep a little longer."

Yun Shuang and Zi An nodded in agreement and said, "Yes, Sister-in-law also gets to relax."

Ji Wan'er: ... I seriously suspect that these siblings are not blood-related to Xiao Qingming.

Ji Wan'er had been looking at several shops in town for a few days, and today she finally found one she liked. However, considering various factors, she decided to find someone to accompany her to sign the contract.

If she were to sign it alone with the two children, others might think there was no one in her family and might try to take advantage of her in the future. In this matter, she thought it was best to find Nanny Dong.

When she returned from town, Ji Wan'er found that Xiao Qingming was not at home. So she entrusted Yun Shuang and Zi An to Sun Xinghua, took some meat and vegetables, and went back to her parents' home alone.

As soon as she arrived in the village, many people who were familiar with her greeted her. She couldn't remember who these people were, so she just smiled at them and didn't say anything.

Little did she know that after she left, people in the village were discussing behind her back, saying that she had finally become sensible and knew to bring gifts to her parents' home.

In fact, Nanny Dong thought the same way.

When Ji Wan'er arrived at her parents' home, her father, Ji Dazhong, was working in the fields, and her younger brother, Ji Huaijing, had gone to town to study. Only her mother, Nanny Dong, was at home.

Since her daughter got married, this was the first time she had brought something back to her parents' home. If it were an ordinary family, this would be a perfectly normal thing. But compared to her daughter's past actions, Nanny Dong was so moved that she was almost in tears.

Her daughter had really grown up and become sensible.

Ji Wan'er looked around the Ji family home. From the outside, it didn't look much different from the surrounding houses, neither good nor bad. But as soon as she entered, she noticed something different from elsewhere.