Chapter 64: The Ending - Everything is Beautiful.

In the following days, business at the restaurant remained good.

After three days, Ji Wan'er earned over a hundred taels of silver.

In one month, the restaurant's profits exceeded a thousand taels.

And during this month, everything went smoothly at the restaurant, with no troublemakers causing any problems. Even the minor issues were quickly resolved.

It was truly going too smoothly.

In the past, whether in the town or the county, opening a shop always encountered troubles. Those troubles either required money or were solved with the help of Nanny Dong, Xiao Qingming, and others. But this time, she didn't mention it to anyone, and it was resolved.

Ji Wan'er wasn't new to running a business, and she wasn't foolish. There must have been someone helping behind the scenes. Moreover, those who helped didn't hide it and had already come to suggest it.

At night, Ji Wan'er told Xiao Qingming about this matter.

After contemplating for a long time, Xiao Qingming said, "If you feel indebted, you can send some food as a token of gratitude."

Due to Nanny Dong's influence, even if they tried to avoid suspicion, others would still group them together. Although Xiao Qingming aimed to be a loyal subject, he couldn't deny that among the princes, the Fifth Prince was the one he admired the most.

In court matters, he wouldn't show favoritism to anyone.

But privately, it was fine to have some connections. They couldn't avoid socializing just because they were afraid of these things.

"My dear, there's no need to be so cautious. If any government office sends an invitation, you can go if you want. It doesn't matter which family it is, you can go without worrying about these things," Xiao Qingming said.

He stood upright and wasn't afraid of such matters.

As soon as Qin Suyao saw Nanny Dong, she started crying, and the two of them went into a room and talked for a long time. When they came out, their eyes were red.

Thinking about Qin Suyao's help to Nanny Dong in the book, Ji Wan'er thought that Nanny Dong must be someone Qin Suyao trusted deeply.

Ji Huaijing passed the provincial examination.

After Xiao Qingming learned this news, he arranged a school for him.

Nanny Dong was a person with plans. Before coming to the capital, she had already sold the shop in the county, including the land they bought. After arriving in the capital, she bought a small shop and opened a grocery store.

As for the three shops Ji Wan'er had in the county, she turned them into franchise stores.

When the money came in, on Nanny Dong's suggestion, Ji Wan'er bought a hundred mu of fertile land in the suburbs of the capital.

With the cake business thriving, the restaurant became too busy to handle. By the time winter came, Ji Wan'er opened a pastry shop named "Delicious Residence," and it was evident that it was the same business.

On this day, Ji Wan'er was making cakes in the pastry shop when two men arrived.

The two men were around thirty or forty years old, with short beards and dressed in silk clothes, indicating their wealth.

One of the men placed a customized cake order, while the other bought some pastries.

"I heard this shop was opened by the newly crowned top scholar, and the taste is excellent," one of them said.