Chapter 56: Cold Dishes, Ice Cubes, and Fans

Time passed like a blink of an eye, and spring quickly came to an end, with the weather becoming increasingly hot.

The small restaurant's daily income was around one or two silver coins. The introduction of the delivery service had indeed increased their earnings. Although many other shops tried to imitate it, it did not affect the restaurant's income. In addition to that, Ji Wan'er would adjust the recipes in the shop according to the customers' preferences every month.

Where there is a will, there is a way. Ji Wan'er was that determined person.

She diligently managed the restaurant, ensuring that the food tasted great and the service was excellent. As a result, more and more people came, and the income kept increasing.

As for the hot pot restaurant, it was even more successful. Despite another hot pot restaurant opening in the county, it couldn't snatch away their business. After all, Ji Wan'er's hot pot base had an undeniable flavor. Only she knew the secret recipe, and others were clueless. Because she used various spices, others couldn't replicate it.

However, the weather was getting hotter now.

Hot pot is all about that steaming sensation, which is fine during winter when it feels warm, but it becomes quite challenging to enjoy in the summer. After all, people are wearing thick clothes, and sweating profusely, so who has the mood to eat?

These past few days, Ji Wan'er noticed that the increase in earnings was not as significant as before.

Although the weather had just started to heat up, if this continued into the summer, the income in the shop would undoubtedly suffer a significant blow. This was something she didn't want to see.

The most effective way to cool down would be air conditioning and electric fans, but unfortunately, they didn't have them. They had to come up with their own solution.

Ice cubes, although expensive, could still be afforded given the current sales volume.

However, ice cubes alone were far from enough to provide sufficient cooling.

In the following days, Ji Wan'er searched the market for existing fans.

Based on the available fans, she also recalled some pictures she had seen in her past life and created water fans. The water would help the fans rotate while utilizing its cool temperature to lower the indoor temperature.

At the same time, she placed a lot of ice cubes in the room.

As a result, the temperature dropped instantly. If it was cool outside, they would use fewer ice cubes, but if it was hot, they would use more.

As soon as customers walked in, they felt a cool breeze.

Ji Wan'er didn't hesitate to spend money. With a generous amount of ice cubes and the innovative water fans, their income not only did not decrease but also increased.

Seeing this, Ji Wan'er also installed the same devices in the adjacent room. However, it wasn't as hot during meals there, so they temporarily didn't put any ice cubes. Ji Wan'er thought they could add them later when it got hotter.

Not only did the diners feel the heat, but Xiao Qingming also felt hot when studying at night. Ji Wan'er placed some ice cubes in the room to cool it down.

Although the temperature dropped while studying, at night, in the quiet darkness, certain things still made one break into a sweat.

Afterward, Ji Wan'er was so tired that she couldn't even lift her arms. She lay flat on the bed and complained in a hoarse voice, "Husband, aren't you tired from studying lately? How do you still have so much energy?"