Chapter 51: Hot Pot

"Wife, let's have some meat."

Originally, even though Xiao Qingming didn't say much during the meal, he heard every word Nanny Dong said and believed that she also wanted to return to the capital.

After a long silence, Ji Wan'er spoke up, "You don't have to worry so much. Just do your best, whether we go back to the capital or not."

In fact, she felt that their current life was quite good. Despite being busy, she was happy to see customers enjoying the food she made, and she felt content.

Every day, she did what she loved, earned endless money, and the person she loved was by her side, each of them striving in their own field. This kind of state was truly wonderful.

Hearing this, Xiao Qingming didn't say anything. He raised his hand and touched Ji Wan'er's hair, saying, "Hmm, it's getting late, let's sleep."

With that, Xiao Qingming held Ji Wan'er in his arms.

Perhaps it was because of what Xiao Qingming had just done or because of the words he had said, Ji Wan'er's mind was in a mess. However, in Xiao Qingming's familiar embrace, she felt secure. Before long, she gradually fell asleep.

The next morning, Xiao Qingming woke up as usual. As he woke up and looked at his wife in his arms, his consciousness returned, and he remembered what had happened last night.

Immediately, a blush appeared on his face.

Last night, he had done something he had always wanted to do but didn't dare.

For over a month, he had been enduring it.

Before, when they didn't sleep together, it didn't feel like a big deal. But now, his wife slept beside him, holding him every day and occasionally giving him a kiss. His inner feelings were not as indifferent as he appeared on the surface.

But under his wife's gaze, he became too nervous and didn't dare to do anything.

It was only because of his wife's encouragement that he dared to do it that day.

Later, as he noticed his wife's increasingly indifferent reaction, he regretted it deeply and felt extremely uncomfortable. His mind was in turmoil every day.

Yesterday, fueled by alcohol, he did all the things he didn't dare to do before.

Now, Xiao Qingming began to feel nervous and remorseful. He was afraid that Ji Wan'er would become even colder towards him once she woke up.

He thought about whether he should leave before his wife woke up, so he wouldn't have to endure her cold gaze. Just as he was thinking about this, the person in his arms suddenly opened their eyes and looked at him.

Seeing the person in his arms open their mouth, Xiao Qingming's heart stirred, and he leaned down to kiss them.

At that moment, his thought was that by kissing them, he wouldn't have to listen to things he didn't want to hear.

However, to his surprise, the person in his arms responded to him. Oh no, wait, last night it seemed like she responded too. Thinking of this, Xiao Qingming's heart filled with joy, and he deepened the kiss.

If it weren't for last night's impulse, he might not have realized that they could take it further.

Xiao Qingming thought that sometimes alcohol truly was a good thing, and the ancients didn't deceive him.

This kiss didn't stop for a while. When it finally ended, it had been two hours.

Both of them had flushed faces, slightly swollen lips, but in their hearts, it felt as sweet as honey.