𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Quick Authors note: I kinda wanted to do things differently this chapter and just like have the game of the finals and commentators talking through it. Idk if that sentence made sense y'all just read it and you'll know what I'm talking bout
Enjoy!!

THE CAMERA PANS to the commentators, Mia and Jack, positioned courtside as the teams are finishing up their warm-ups before the Big East Tournament finals. The energy in the arena is palpable.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to what promises to be an electrifying conclusion to the Big East Women's Basketball Tournament. We're just moments away from tip-off here in this packed arena, where the UConn Huskies are set to battle it out with the Georgetown Hoyas. I'm Mia Thompson, alongside Jack Reynolds, and Jack, the atmosphere is absolutely electric tonight."

"You're absolutely right, Mia. It's a palpable buzz in here, and for good reason. We've got two powerhouse teams going head-to-head. But, of course, the big story tonight is the absence of UConn's standout forward, Nailea Devora. We've just learned she's been sidelined for a month with an autoimmune disease diagnosis. Our thoughts are certainly with her for a speedy recovery."

"Absolutely, Jack. It's a huge blow for the Huskies. Nailea's talent and chemistry with Paige Bueckers have been a driving force behind UConn's success this season. Their dynamic play has brought them to yet another final, and her absence will be felt on the court tonight."

"No doubt about it, Mia. And speaking of Paige Bueckers, we've been watching her in warm-ups, and I have to say, she has not been getting many shots to drop. It's not like Paige to miss so consistently, and one has to wonder if the pressure of not having Nailea there is weighing on her."

"It's a valid concern, Jack. Paige and Nailea have been a formidable duo, and without that partnership, Paige may feel the burden to carry the team on her shoulders. UConn's going to need her to find her rhythm quickly once the game starts."

"And let's not forget about the Hoyas, Mia. Georgetown has been playing some hard-nosed basketball this season. They've lost barely any games, and they come into this final with momentum and confidence. This game could really go either way."

"That's right, Jack. The Hoyas have been a force to be reckoned with, and they're not going to make it easy for UConn. With Nailea out, every player for the Huskies needs to step up their game, and Paige needs to lead the charge. It's going to take a team effort to secure the win."

"There's no better stage for the rest of the Huskies to show what they're made of. It's these moments, when stars are out, that new heroes are born. It's a chance for someone else to step up and make a name for themselves."

"Georgetown, on the other hand, will look to exploit UConn's adjustment period without Devora. They've got a well-balanced team and they've shown they can take down giants."

"With the game just about to get underway, it's anyone's guess how this is going to unfold. Can UConn rally despite the adversity? Or will Georgetown capitalize on this opportunity and claim the title? It's time to find out."

"Stay with us, everyone. Tip-off is coming up next. You won't want to miss this clash of titans in the Big East Tournament final!"

The camera transitions to a wide view of the arena as the teams take their positions on the court, the anticipation building to a crescendo among the fans in attendance. The buzzer sounds signaling the end of warm-ups, and the teams huddle up at the bench Mia and Jack prepare to announce the starting lineups.

"And here we go, the starting five for the UConn Huskies: at guard, the sensational Paige Bueckers, joined by Aaliyah Edwards, the dynamic KK Arnold, the sharpshooter Nika Mühl, and the young talent Ashlynn Shade. A solid lineup, Jack, even with the absence of Nailea Devora."