I thought you loved me

Tears were falling down your cheeks as you sat on the couch next to Harry. He had a blank expression on his face. 

His face wasn't sad, upset, or even a bit remorseful. You wrapped yourself in your arms because harry wouldn't give you his own to comfort you.

You thought today was going to turn out differently.

Tonight you and Harry were going out to dinner to celebrate his new single and his new tour dates. He's been really busy lately and you were excited to spend some time together and relax.

You got ready all fancy and nice. Now you were just waiting for Harry to return home.

You should of known something was wrong when he didn't come to kiss you when he came home from a meeting with his team.

He was quiet and reserved but you didn't think anything of it because he must of had an exhausting day.

You made your way over to the couch he was sitting on to see what was going on. You knew something was bothering him. 

And you guys always communicated to get it resolved.

"Is everything alright, Babe?" Harry didn't say anything and just stared down on his lap.

You sighed and placed your hand over his to reassure him that you can tell him anything and you can get through it together.

But right as your finger touched his own he flinched and pullled away from you.

You frowned but didn't want to push him to do anything if he wasn't feeling up to it.

"We don't have to go out today Harry." You look up at him but he still wasn't meeting your eyes.

You play with the hem of your dress and say

 "We can go to dinner next Friday, when you're feeling-"

"I think we should break up." Harry finally breaks the silence.

You stopped touching your dress. 

"What?" 

Did you hear him correctly.

"I want to break up." Harry says sternly.

Your mind was racing and you didn't know if this was real. 

"Is this some kind of sick joke?!" You sadly laugh.

Harry shook his head and sighed. 

"I just don't think this is working out." He continues.

Tears started to fill in your eyes but you blinked them away.

 "What why?? We were literally fine this morning, Harry"

 Where was this coming from?

You couldn't believe he was actually trying to break up with you.

"We are just such different people Y/N. we need a break."

"Bullshit! You know that's not even a good answer."

 You yell at him as you wipe the fallen tears on your cheeks.

Harry doesn't say anything and just sits there like he was totally ok with this.

"I thought you loved me..." You tell him as you couldn't resist the tears from falling.

Harry's eyes connect with yours and just for a split second you saw something change in his eyes. Maybe it was hope. 

You knew Harry loved you. He always did.

But then he looks away from you and doesn't say the words you wanted to hear. You couldn't believe what was happening. 

How could everything be going so well and he just comes home one day wanting to break up.

But you did know why. You got your answer loud and clear from his silence.

He doesn't love you, and you can't force him to love you.

"A-alright" you say through your sniffles.

He watched you get off the couch and grab all your things.

He watched you take off your heals with shaking hands and put on flats.

He watched you slip on a light jacket to cover your arms in that beautiful dress you had on.

He watched you do all these things with tears streaming down your face and sobbing uncontrollably.

But he didn't stop you because he couldn't.

He didn't run out the door as you left to tell you he still loved you and always did.

Harry hoped someday you will understand, because he just lost the best thing he had in his life.