Chapter 9

Third person POV;

To say that the Esposito brothers were shocked would be an understatement. Everyone was beyond confused as to what they had heard. Bella and Spencer say their completely calm and acted as if this was totally normal. Alexander looked at the two kids in front of him and thought to himself, what made them join the Mafia?

Just then they all heard a BANG. It came from the top stairs. They then saw a guard with a bullet in between his eyes tumbling down the stairs. Immediately everyone got their guns out and hid to safety. Griffin looked for his little sister but found her no where to be seen. Just then they all heard another BANG coming from upstairs. Afterthat there was a scream. The Esposito brothers knew that voice anywhere, it was there Bella. They turned to Spencer but didn't see him anywhere either. They then rushed up the stairs and saw the Leader of the Russian Mafia laying dead on the ground in front of them, but what they saw after that hurt them.

There the boys saw Bella on the ground with a bloody Spencer on her lap. She was screaming for someone to come help him and crying hysterically. At this time she looked so fragile and vulnerable, as if she would break any second.

"PLEASE SOMEONE HELP HIM. PLEASE ANYONE, HE CANT DIE. NOOO!!! Spencer you have to stay with me." Bella begged. Her brothers rushed to help Spencer. Both Griffins and Massimo brought him outside and Alexander phoned his personal doctor to be ready. Leonardo helped Bella up and both Antonio and his twin reassured her that everything was going to be okay.

At that point Bella felt numb. She didn't talk to anyone and felt a boiling anger in herself for letting Spencer take the bullet for her. She was mad that she didn't shoot the guy earlier. Everyone got into separate cares and rushed to the private hospital. They reached it in under 10 minutes and ran inside. Right away a team of nurses and doctors put Spencer on a gurney and rolled him away. Everyone sat in silence as they waited for the doctor to come back.

Bella's POV:

After a while the doctor came back and asked for the parents. I told him that they were away on a business trip and won't be back until next month. He scoffed and said that he will not be sharing any personal information until he meets the parents. This ticked me off so I grabbed him by the collar and held him up against a wall. I pushed into his neck so much that he lost his breathing supply.

"I'm gonna make one thing very clear, YOU WILL TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM AND YOU WILL DO ABSOLUTELY YOUR HARDEST TO SAVE HIM." I yelled at him. He didn't respond.

"If he doesn't survive this surgery, it won't be his body the morgue with be looking at, it will be yours right next to his." I seethe out with venom in every word. The doctor gulps and quickly nods his head and says a quick 'yes miss'. I let him down and he falls to the ground gasping for air. He then scrambles away. I close my eyes and try to calm down, but fail so it resulted in me punching a wall full force. I turn back around and see everyone except for Alexander with their jaws to the floor. I roll my eyes and sit down on the nearest seat.

8 hours later

It's been 8 fucking hours. I'm worried because he was like a brother to me, he was my ride or die. He was my secret keeper, he was my everything and without him, I felt alone. I felt at loss. We grew up together and have been through thick and thin together. If he weren't gay, I would have thought that we would get married together, but I'm already planning his and Antonio's wedding.

Just then I see the doors open and the doctor walk in. Just as he sees me he starts sweating like crazy.

"How is he?" I heard Alexander ask. The doctor looks at me and gives me a small smile.

"He is a very strong young man. The surgery went perfectly, but he is very lucky, had the bullet went even a mm closer to the kidney, he wouldn't have survived." The doc said.

"What room?" I say.

"34A" he replied. I give him a quick thanks and run up to the elevator. I don't wait for any of my brothers and can hear them calling my name in the background. I push the door open to the floor A and run past all the room. I slowly stop at room number 34. I shakily open the door just a little and look at the sight in front of me. I see a very pale Spencer. The doctor said that he was in a coma but could hear everything we said to him. I see a bunch of tubes running through his body and a mask helping him breathe. The doctor said that he should be waking up tomorrow morning. I sit on the chair closet to him and gently hold his hand.

"H-hey Spenc, how ya doing? It's me Bella, I just want to come see you. You were in surgery for 8 hours, you really had me worried. The doctor said that if the bullet went even a mm closer to your kidney, you wouldn't have survived. I miss you." I say to him. Just then I can't take it anymore and let the waterworks fly out.

"I- I'm so s-sorry Spencer, I-it was all fault. If I had taken the b-bullet than you would still be healthy and happy right now. It's a-all my f-fault." I sob out. "I miss your sarcastic remarks and your cheecky little grin. I miss taking cringy photos with you and having you carry me like a football while jumping down the stairs. I miss you so much Spencer Johnson... I miss my best friend" I cry out.

Just then I feel something move from under me. I look down at Spencer's hand and see it moving. I look over at him and see him struggling to open his eyes. After a few minutes he adjusted to the lighting a crocked out the he needed water. I jump up and go get him a glass and call the nurse in the process. I hand Spenc the glass just as she walks into the room. She seems surprised that Spencer was awake and rushed to give him some medication to help with the pain and let him sleep. I go to sit down but he stops me.

"Will you cuddle with me?" I look at him wearily because I don't wanna hurt him.

"Don't worry i won't get hurt" he says reassuring me. I lay down beside him and he puts his head in my lap. I hug him tightly but aware of where his injuries are.

"You do know that I heard everything you said" he says to me. I nod my head.

"Sugarplum listen to me very carefully, I would take a bullet for you literally any day of the week. I never want you to think otherwise. I am so happy that I took the bullet and you killed the man. And your not getting rid of this handsome treasure any time soon." I roll my eyes and he yawns. The medication starts to work and in under 2 minutes he is out like a light. His head is resting on my chest while mine was on the pillow. I start feeling a bit drowsy and decide to have some much needed sleep. I close my eyes and let the darkness consume me.