Sibling Bickering Never Gets Old

After that eventful day, the guys and I decided that we would all go home and relax. We ordered pizza and spent the night calmly playing board games and overall had a chill time.

" 'JOAS' IS NOT A WORD, GRAY!"

Scratch that.

"IT IS IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT!"

"OH? USE IT IN A SENTENCE."

"FINE. I HAVE BEATEN JOAS IN THIS GAME."

"THAT'S NOT-"

"Jesus, you two have the lung capacity of six-year-olds." I muttered as I popped another crisp in my mouth. John chuckled in front of me on the floor and tilted his head back.

"Oh believe me. They can be worse than this." He replied, a twinkle in his eye that warmed my heart. I laughed and ran a hand through his soft hair again since earlier on in the night, he insisted that I play with his hair.

'Little weirdo.'

"I don't doubt that." I told him, grinning wildly. John returned the action and I felt that connection between us fluctuate.

'Why? Why did I have to like you?'

The eye contact John and I sustained lasted ten seconds tops until the guys started back up with their arguing.

"I swear to God, Gray. If you keep cheating-" Ben began, glaring at his brother while his brother in question was sticking his tongue out. 

You know. Like a child.

'I'm surrounded by idiots.'

"I'm not cheating. You're just a sore loser!" Gray retorted, not letting Ben finish his thought. 

Ben simply glared even harder. "I'll make something else sore if you don't cut it out." He growled, but instead of shooting a glare back, Gray just rolled his eyes.

"Ooh. So clever." He mocked as he crossed his arms over his chest. "What are you going to do? Make my shins hurt by kicking them too hard?" He continued sarcastically and I watched as the two then began to roughhouse.

'Yup. Total and utter children.' I mused to myself with a playful eye roll as the brothers started to wrestle each other.

For five minutes straight, they wrestled until John intervened because I told him that if he didn't, I would.

And no one would like it if I did.

"Are you two done?" John asked with an arched brow as he towered over his idiotic cousins. In the end, they both ended up with black eyes and busted lips.

Ben and Gray nodded mutely in response.

I snorted at the subtle dirty look Gray threw John, but I didn't say anything as I rubbed Coop's ear affectionately.

"You know. I think I'm done with..." Gray trailed off, looking around the room with fake distaste, "all of this." I rolled my eyes at him, a smile tugging on my lips, and gave him a nonchalant shrug.

"Fine by me. I could use some peace and quiet." I remarked snarkily and Gray gave me a mocking look.

"Har har." He sneered as he stood up and dusted his pants off. He then muttered something under his breath. 

I arched a brow. "What was that?" I questioned knowingly and his eyes widened for a fraction of a second.

"Nothing!" He replied overly chipper, but I was too tired at that point to call him out on it. So I simply rolled my eyes at him.