Nearly Dying . . . Again

"GO!"

The minute the words left the announcer's lips, I gunned the engine, put the pedal to the fucking metal, and took off, leaving Max Stelliano and those Brute Forcer fuckers in the dust,

The crowd of hundreds in the bleachers let out whoops and hollers, making an uncontainable smile take over my face as pure joy was shot into my bloodstream.

'Suck that, chumps!'

As I drove into the forest portion of the track, I heard my friends cheer my name and I couldn't help but chuckle.

Now, for the first few hundred meters, I was in the lead with time to spare and I was flying past the trees, avoiding potholes like a pro.

But in the back of my head, there was this nagging thought that the two men in the Brute Force were holding back.

And, evidently, they were.

Now, let me explain a little bit more of what the track looks like. Now, past the view range of people watching from the bleachers or the gambling center, it is the most wooded area with a few patches that are spotty and sparse, but the track inevitably goes through it. For multiple feet, you're in the clear.

Until you hit the Junkyard part of the course where there is just random-ass shit from other failed racers whose cars paid the price for their arrogance and pride. And so, true to its name, the Junkyard is littered with items such as tires, exhaust pipes, mufflers, etc...

In this area, Tony, the puppetmaster of these races, takes random, really sharp objects every week and just dumps them there it's always different. He puts glass bottle pieces, nails, knives, and even more shit just so that we drivers will pop a fucking tire.

And past the Junkyard is a drop that is approximately a thirty-foot drop, referred to as the Devil's Asscrack, which, theoretically, doesn't sound like a huge drop.

Oh. But it fucking is.

If you fall down that shit and crash in the wrong way, you'll be dead-dead.

In order to avoid the Devil's Asscrack, you have to swerve and pray to God that you don't fall down it or get terrible whiplash.

(FoReShADoWiNg.)

Past the Devil's Asscrack, you have a choice due to a fork in the middle of the track. You can either take the safer option and just go down a steep hill and come out the other side unscathed.

OR...you can go through the abandoned asylum: Insanus Mentibus Asylum which loosely translates to 'insane minds'.

Fun.

Even better, Tony likes to go weekly and tamper with it. He rigs it so that parts of the structure fall at random times and huge chunks of cement fall and could potentially land on the driver navigating through it.

Such fucking fun, I know.

If you have survived the shitty deathtrap that is the IMA (Insanus Mentibus Asylum), then you'll come upon an algae-infested lake that is shallow enough for you to somewhat drive through.

And finally, if you have survived thus far, then you will come out of the woods for the final stretch which is just a straight shot.

Yay.

And your prize is getting to keep your fucking life. Good job!

Okay, now back to the story, the Burnt Force fuckers had waited until the spectators could barely see anything, and mate, at this point, I was hitting one-hundred and fifty miles per hour.