1, four

Breaking the news to Avi's mother did not quite go as she had presumed.

Sure, she expected her to just brush it off and not talk about it anymore but she didn't expect to come home from the auditions to find out her mother too have left for Cornwall for an emergency with their plantation. It didn't take Avi a lot to realise that and she'd have to do the honours over the phone. Making up her mind to call her mother - or now, both of her parents - was not simple. Her fingers were shaky as she dialled the familiar number onto the dial pad of her black Samsung. Her heart dropping when seconds went by as she pressed the phone to her ear and the usual chime started to ring in her ear.

She remembered how her father always stoically answers the phone, not giving a fuck if he was talking to her daughter using the harsh voice he use with his workers. The call is always short and brief, only a couple of words follows before Jonathon Rae slam down on the end call button. The conversation between the father-daughter duo is short and brief itself, just like how it has always been. And this time it was no exception.

"Hey dad" She said, not giving the man a chance to speak first.

"It's not the time Aviana" She should've expected that. With Jonathon, It was never the time. Moreover when it came to his kids. Especially Aviana. Although it hurt so bad when her father brushed her off like that, Avi was now used to it after years and years of occurrence. Nevertheless, her throat was itching to say, 'It's never the time for you' right to his face. But of course, she held back - as always.

"I got three yesses at the auditions" She spoke, chest squeezing at the pleasant memory. "I'm through to Bootcamp"

One...Two...Three...

It took only three seconds for her father to hung up on her after those words left her mouth, shattering all the hope and happiness in her heart.

Avi closed her eyes and tried to ignore the way her breath hitched as the harsh ringing noise reached her ears. She bit back the sudden urge to break down in the middle of her living room. Instead, to cope with the anger and oppression which took over her mind - she quickly grabbed a filled pen holder and threw it straight at the crispy white wall of her study room.

Her parents leaving for the weekend not only meant her getting strictly instructions to stay in the house - but she was also not allowed to invite or visit any friends throughout the weekend. Because of that, she had to limit interacting with Max, Yu, Farrah and Bexley to facetime calls and text messages. Although Avi loved to stay at the comfort of her home (her room mostly) and especially when her parents were away, staying scooped up in a mansion for a whole weekend and having only two people to interact with and them being your housekeeper and your brother was not something she enjoyed. Even if she tried, she knew she couldn't possibly sneak her friends through because boy was her brother a taleteller.