| extra ; cast |

F A M I L Y i see things that nobody else sees ⌝ 

𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐘𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐎 & 𝐉𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐀𝐄 » the parents

𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟎 // 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐒𝐇

Aviana's father, Jonathon Rae was born and raised in London, England. It is during his stay In Sri Lanka during the 80s that he meets Soniya. After getting married in the outskirts of the country, the two reside in Colombo along with their two children before moving back to his hometown in the UK. With his flourishing career in the field of business and logistics, Jonathon Rae is the owner of multiple tea plantations in Kenya, India, China and Sri Lanka whilst also working as a Director at Lipton Tea and Infusions™. 

𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟎 // 𝐒𝐑𝐈 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐀𝐍

Soniya Fernando is a woman from Colombo, Sri Lanka. She was born and raised as the middle daughter of a five-membered family. She met her spouse during a university exchange programme. Now married to Jonathon Rae and mother to Aviana and Alden, she's currently a Senior Lecturer for Business Studies and Management at the Camden School of Business.

Aviana's relationship with her parents is one of huge complications. Dating back to the early days of childhood, Aviana and Alden seem to have a rather distant bond with them. Soniya, always a strict and orderly woman, is much more of a teacher than a mother to any of them from what Aviana reveals. Jonathon, who's much linear in comparison, is mostly swayed by his wife's stern and unwavering decisions that aren't always great.

Soniya and Jonathon, though close to the rest of One Direction parents, have never publicly shared their happiness with Aviana's success like the rest. The two were initially so against with their daughter's choice of career that they refused to support her in the matter altogether, leading Aviana to fully depend on herself. The rift between Aviana and her parents runs deeper than any of them lets it out, hence why the first thing she did once turning eighteen was change her family name 'Rae' to her paternal grandmother's family name; Fernsby.