Fire Drill!

A few hours earlier...

When the doors opened, Bottle was greeted with the buzzing environment of the hotel.

Once sunset had begun to fall, it served as her cue to return to the city. Her search had lasted for quite a while, and despite the concern that came from the others, she refused to let their worries get in the way of her mission.

Besides, she knew that the others were trying to help. They were looking out for her well-being, and they wanted to do whatever they could to pinpoint any clues about Tree's disappearance. Days, to weeks, and with yet another disappearance taking the others minds off of him, she knew she had to persevere, no matter what.

Stepping into the hotel, many of the objects would turn to greet her. Bottle would quietly brush herself off, immediately placing a spare shovel to the side of the door.

"Bottle!" Barf Bag greeted, stepping towards the clear object. "How are you? Anything new on the case?"

Despite the stinging wound that was left in her heart, Bottle forced a small smile, rubbing the exhaustion out of her eyes. "Nothing new- not just yet..."

"You've been on the lookout for weeks!" Chiming in, Donut would step to Barf Bag's side, his hands cupping together.

"The city has been taking up most of the search time."

"Are you looking through the streets?"

"Yep. Inside the buildings, too."

"Oh my sap, you must be exhausted." Frowning, Barf Bag would reach for her hand, giving it a reassuring pat. "Is there anything we can do to make your day a little easier?"

The forcefulness that Bottle had to keep mellowed into a softer smile, a quiet sigh breaking past her mouth. "I think I just need some support. It's been a lot lately..."

"If it's support you want, it's support we'll help with." Pie's voice made the three turn, watching as she walked towards her. "After all- it's what we're here for."

Donut placed a hand on her shoulder. "Pie's right. If you need anything- we're all here to offer any kind of support you need."

Bottle knows this, but the face of pity on Donut and Barf Bag forms before her own eyes. Their empathy. Their condolences. She turned, letting her eyes blink away the tears that threatened to burst from her eyes.

"Thank you," she whispered. "It's... all I can really ask for."

"It's why you're here, after all." Pie smiled, her fingers closing around Bottle's with a soft caress. "We didn't want you to feel too isolated at home."

With Tree missing, Bottle found herself drifting away from the friendships that she had cultivated for herself. Don't get her wrong- she loved him, and missed him with every fiber of her being, yet the search was often accompanied by silence, without a single soul to accompany her.

So, when Pie offered her a stay at the Live Hotel, Bottle couldn't turn it away. She needed to be surrounded by noise; surrounded by familiar faces that nourished the spark in her soul. These weren't just her own friends- but they were his, too.

Sighing, Donut would lift his hand from her shoulder, carefully brushing into Barf Bag's hold with an instinctive movement.

"If there's anything else that comes up, don't be shy to come by our room," he offered. "Do you remember which one it was?"

The glass object would gaze up in thought. "...Room 212?"

"Yep! We're usually-"

"OHMYGOSH, LOSER!"