Look at the Sky

DISCLAIMER: THIS CHAPTER IS MEANT TO BE CONFUSING. I KNOW IT'S CONFUSING. I KNOW IT'S NOTHING BUT DIALOGUE. THAT IS THE POINT! ALRIGHT, ENJOY YOUR DECIPHERING!

-

"Hoi.."

Bubble's voice struck like a knife to the chest. With clenched fists, Book swallowed the guilt that swelled in her chest, giving her a slow nod. "Hey.."

"You come boiy the lake too..?" Bubble whispered, waving her hands. "I loive this place.."

"I.. I could hear it from the trail nearby.. figured I'd calm down if I stayed for a bit.."

"That's.. noice.."

Silence. Even as Bubble's gaze carefully floated to the shimmering surface of the Yoyle River, she could still feel Book's eyes staring through her metallic body.

"...."

"Mind if I... sit here?"

"Go right ahead."

Shuffling. Then silence. At least, in between the two- for the gentle churning of the river lulled its way through the air around them. Both stared into the endless body of water, getting lost in its path as it stretched endlessly around them.

Despite their rushed exits, both noticed the small satchels that they each carried. One had it on the side, and the other's was slung over her shoulder. It was nothing new, for they set out to get whatever supplies they needed for their respective team.

One retrieved ingredients. The other carried food.

One picked up snacks. The other picked up supplies.

One, carried the emotional turmoil from the present and the past. And the other carried the brutalizing reminder of time's continuous loop.
Their silence continued, neither one uttering a single sentence. No sounds of nature constructed around them, with the noticeable absence of any fauna that traveled through.

Until one of them spoke.

"How's your head..?"

She turned. "..It's foeeling a little better.. it still hurts.."

The other flinched. "Look, I'm-"

"You don't hoive to be."

"Bubble, I-I knocked you out! I can't just-"

"No. You shouldn't be apologizing."

Why shouldn't she? The poor woman flinched at the other's dead tone. The bruise on the center of her face proved to be nothing short of painful; she couldn't leave her without owning up for her mistake.

Owning up for her own mistakes.

Yet again.

...

"Are you okay..?"

"..Why are you even here."

"Wh- everyone was worried about you.. they're all still looking- you ran out of there suddenly, from what everyone was telling me..."

"That's because I hurt you," she whispered, her fist clenching the grass below. "I left a mark on you, Bubble."

"It wasn't on purpose.."

"Still."

The other woman frowned. Seeing as she wouldn't bother to listen, she looked away. "..If this is about what we did- what I did- then.. I-.. I'm sorry."

"..What."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did. I... I shouldn't have believed her- I got you killed, all because of a lie she had told us. I was just .."