Chapter 16: Damn You Heart, Why Can't You Just Choose Already?

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Ch16: Damn You Heart, Why Can't You Just Choose Already? 

"It has to count," Josh complains and I shake my head.

"We voted," I answer. "You lost by majority of the vote. So it doesn't count."

"You're all cheaters," he scoffs.

So it's been two weeks since me and Josh are. . . .

Well I don't know what we are, but it's been two weeks since we kissed and we've been arguing about whether or not I lost the bet.

I, of course, said no because a kiss doesn't mean you automatically fall or fell for someone, right?

"A kiss doesn't mean anything," Alex shrugs.

"I kiss girls all the time," Vincent interjects, an expressionless look on his face. "Doesn't mean I fell for them. It just means I kissed them."

Of course, Vinny would agree with me.

"Wait," an idea comes into my head "what if one of you falls for me before I fall for one of you?"

As soon as the words come out of my mouth Josh and Alex begin laughing as if what I said was the biggest joke in the world.

Why is what I said so funny?

"You're adorable kitten," Vincent shakes his head.

"You don't think one of you will fall for me first?" I ask feeling a bit offended. 

"Guys are harder," Josh rubs my shoulder "to make fall."

Then let's change it up a bit, shall we?

"Okay," I smirk. "I say we change the bet a bit."

"How?" Alex asks his hand on his stomach which is probably hurting from laughing so much.

"Whoever falls first loses," I say. "If one of you falls for me you lose and if I fall for one you I lose."

"You already lost," Josh argues and I shake my head.

"No I didn't dillweed," I roll my eyes. "We have to say I love you."

"What?" Alex chuckles. "So whoever says I love you first loses?"

"Exactly," I grin. "That way we know they actually fell for the other person and we don't have to assume they lost."

"That's easy," Vincent smirks "girls tell me they love me all the time."

"How do you manage to be so full of yourself ?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I look in mirror everyday," he answers. "It helps me understand why girls love me so much."

"This is why I'm not losing the bet," I roll my eyes. "You're all dillweeds."

***

"The presentations are due in one week," Ms. Edwards says as she walks around the class. "I expect high quality work and will have zero tolerance for anything below that."

"Kitten," I hear someone whisper and I force myself to keep starring ahead.

"I have uploaded the rubric to the class website," she walks past my seat.

"Kitten," I hear the voice again.

Don't look.

"The presentations will be worth 200 points," Ms. Edwards reaches the front of the classroom again. "I highly recommend you take this very seriously as it can determine whether you pass this class or not."