Chapter 24

*Ryder's POV-2 Months Later*

       "Hey, Addie, Simon," I greet. They nod and smile at me through the screen as the loading box pops up on the screen.

       "Hello..." Harry trails. I smile after seeing his face pop up, earning a smile in return.

       "Okay, now that we're all here, let's continue, shall we?" Simon says. We all nod and he shuffles through some papers on his desk, Addie handing him a few. "So, Harry, you will be coming back next month. What is going to happen is you two are going to go out after he gets home to catch up. Ryder, you will later walk out of wherever you two are grabbing lunch at, crying. The paps will already be getting pictures as you walk out, so it won't be hard to fulfill that part of the plan. In an interview a little while later, when you boys go back on tour, Harry, you will go ahead and say you broke up because of distance, no hard feelings or anything. After that, the contract wi-"

       "Simon," Harry cuts him off. Simon stops speaking and looks up from the paper he had been reading everything off of, looking into the camera. "What if...what if we didn't want to end this contract?" he continues. Simon and Addie's eyes widen simultaneously as they look back at us in disbelief.

       "What? What do you mean?" Simon asks, bewildered. "Why would you two not want to get out of it?!"

       "Well...we..." I trail off, scratching the back of my neck. Addie sighs and puts her face in her hands, shaking her head.

       "You're in a relationship, aren't you?" she asks softly. Simon's eyes lit up in realization, his face turning grim.

       "I thought you'd both have enough common sense to not do that," he huffed. I look over at the box that contained Harry's face, seeing his eyebrows furrowed and his index and thumb pinching his bottom lip in concentration. 

       "Simon, we didn't mean for this to happen, it just did," I explain. He just rolls his eyes and falls back in his chair.

       "I would sure as he.. hope not. Now, what is going to happen, is that Harry, we are getting you on the first flight the first day of your couple weeks break ad going straight there. You two break up, then you go back, act heartbroken, move on. Simple as that. You both have the publicity you need, so this doesn't matter anymore," Simon says. I feel my jaw drop as well as hear Harry's protests. He is soon cut off by Simon. "No, that is the end of it. You signed that contract to end this."

       "We agreed to end it as a publicity support, not as an actual relationship!" Harry exclaims. Simon shakes his head.

       "No. This is final. You two will follow your contract. Goodbye." With that, he hangs up, making his and Addie's faces vanish.

       I felt tears start to stream down my face as I processed his words. I cover my mouth with my hand, watching as Harry starts pulling at his hair in anger. I clam my breathing down a bit, trying to find  way out of this.

       "Just because we end this contract doesn't mean they can stop us from seeing each other later on. Just let it die down for a few months, maybe a year, and then get back together?" I suggest. Harry shook his head, his eyes wandering past the screen in a daze.

       "No, management would never allow me to see you again without good reason," he says. I groaned and continued thinking.

       "We could lay low? Just text and call, not meet up unless we know we're not being followed?"

       "I'm always being followed, Ryder," he points out, pulling on his hair again. I sigh, feeling the tears come back into my eyes. A choked sob escapes me.

       "How are we going to be able to see each other?" I choke out. I frantically try to wipe away the tears that were streaming down my face, but it was a worthless attempt.

       "Ryder, I know how we can do this, but it's taking lots of risks. Are you willing to do it? You'll have to trust me with everything, your image, your career, and your relationship with Addie," Harry says, causing me to look up. "Do you trust me?" he asks. I nod my head frantically at his words, and he nods his head solemnly in return.

       "Of course I do."

      He nods again. "Good, now pack your bags."

       "What? Why?"

       "We're going to get married."