Chapter 48

A/N: Aren't I so nice? Merry Christmas!

*Harry's POV*

       " I don't know, Ed. I'm worried. She never goes this long without answering her phone. Or at least calling me back," I stress, running my hand through my hair. He looks up from his sheet music where he had been practicing his new song.

       "Relax, Harry. You said that she and Niall's girl, Olivia are hanging out today, right?" I nod. "Okay, then. She's probably just busy hanging out with her friend and doesn't have her phone on her, I'm sure she's fine, mate," he assures me. I sigh, nodding my head in understanding.

       "Yes, I suppose you're right," I reluctantly agree. He chuckles, going back to his music. I sit down on the couch across from him, glancing at my phone every now and then while he was playing.

       "What's up?!" an Irish accent hollers. I turn my head, watching as the other three One Direction members come into the room. Liam looks from me to Ed.

       "What's up with him?" he asks, pointing at me. I go to answer, but Ed cuts me off.

       "He's worried about Ryder. She hasn't answered her phone for a few hours and he seems to think something is wrong. I told him to not worry, though. Her friend is over with her right now, so she probably just doesn't have her phone with her," he tells them. They all nod their heads and look over at me.

       "He's right, Harry. Livi would tell you if something was wrong, or tell me if she couldn't get ahold of you. Don't stress. Besides, you know how those two are, two peas in a pod when together. It may take a while for them to stop gossiping log enough to check their phones," Niall tells me. I crack a smile, nodding my head in agreement.

       "You're right. It just worried me because she usually doesn't take this long to answer me, you know? She usually at least glances at her phone long enough to at least tell me she's busy," I explain. They all think for a moment before Niall pulls out his phone.

       "Do you want me to text Livi? That way we can know that if she doesn't answer, too, we can assume that they're probably just busy hanging out," he suggests. I nod my head.

       "Please do," I request. He nods again, already typing out a text message to Olivia.

       Now that I think about it, maybe they're right. I'm probably just overreacting about it all. She probably is just having a good time with Olivia and didn't want to be rude by being on her phone. Yeah, that's probably it. That's just the kind of person Ryder is: she doesn't like when she's having conversations with people and they're not paying attention or really even caring. So, knowing her, she just isn't wanting to be rude.

        "There, sent. Now, if they don't answer, we know they're just busy hanging out, no big deal. And if they do answer, they hey, look at that, they answered!" Niall exclaims goofily. I laugh, nodding my head. I feel the weight be lifted off my shoulders after he said that. The lads were right, I was just over reacting.

*Ryder's POV*

       "Oh come on, it can't be that bad, right?" I say, looking at my bump. "I mean, maybe I just wet my-ow-self. That's supposed to be common with pregnancies! There-ow- no way that I'm in labor! I mean, it's only July! There's no way that I'm actually- OW!- having this baby now!" I struggle out as Olivia helps me off of the couch and to my feet.

       She chuckles anxiously, "Ryder, hun, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I think that there is no point in denying it at this point! You are about to have this baby if you like it or not."

        "Har- OW! - Harry. Ha-harry has to be here," I groan. I don't think she hears me because she is already scurrying down the hallway to get the hospital bag that Harry insisted be packed before he left. She comes running back down the hall with it on her shoulder, reaching out to help me walk away from the wall I was propped up on.

       "I called your doctor, she said to get you to the hospital quickly. She's going to be waiting for you so she can help you deliver the baby," she tells me.

        "Har-Har-" I struggle to get out through the gasps of air leaving my lips.

       "Shh, Ryder I know. I know it's hard. I know it hurts, I'm sorry," she says, leading me to the garage that it attached to the house. I groan, trying to get her to understand that I'm asking for Harry, but she doesn't seem to catch on, trying to get me to do breathing exercises instead of talking.

       We finally get me in the car and to the hospital. Olivia ran inside quickly, leaving me to open my door. She had parked around the back so no paparazzi could see us, but it's no use. After Harry meets this baby, the world is going to as well.

       Olivia ran back out with my doctor, pushing a wheel chair. I once again try to ask her to call Harry, seeing as I left my phone at home, but they both shush me again, telling me to concentrate on my breathing.

       It's a blur as they get me into a delivery room and called Addie. Why it didn't occur to them to call Harry was beyond me.

       "I'm here, I'm here, Ryder," Addie says, running into the room. She throws her coat to the side, revealing a very large and very obvious baby bump, which I am totally interrogating her about once my own baby is out of me.
She clutches my hand and smoothes down my hair from my face. She looks around the room, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Where is Harry?!"

*Harry's POV*

       "And then they said 'No you-' Hold on," Niall stops, pulling out his phone and answering the call he was receiving. His eyes go wide while hearing what I have concluded to be Olivia had to say to him. He stood up, still on the phone and went over to my dressing table, throwing me my wallet and phone that I had put down. He also threw my jacket. He hangs up on Olivia, looking towards my confused face.

       "Ryder is in labor."