Chapter 41

*Ryder's POV*

        "So...how are you feeling about all of this?" Harry asks me. I look up from my spot across the room, where I'm currently folding a pair of jeans. I shrug.

       "I'm okay. Nervous, I suppose," I explain. He raises an eyebrow at me, setting a shirt that he had in his hand down, turning to face me completely.

       "About what?" he asks. I shrug again, nervously picking at my nails.

        "Well, it's a big deal, isn't it? Being parents. Are we ready? Like, we don't know the first thing about babies, let alone being parents and raising our own," I tell him. He chuckles, starting to walk towards me. When he finally reached me, he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me towards him. I sigh, putting the pants down and folding my arms across his shoulders.

         "You're right, it is a big deal. But I promise you, we can do this," he says. I raise an eyebrow skeptically. He sighs, swaying the two of us side to side. "I promise. Remember, the lads and I have been around Lux since she was a baby. It'll be just like that. I know a bit about taking care of kids from that and I'm sure you're going to be getting instincts as a mother anyways. I have faith that this is going to be fine."

        "I know that, but..." I sigh. I look down towards my feet, breaking our eye contact. Harry sighs as well, bending at his knees until he was directly in front of my line of vision.

        "But what?" he asks quietly. I shake my head.

       "It's stupid. Forget it," I huff. Harry shakes his head, standing to his full height again, placing a hand under my chin to tilt my head up.

       "I won't forget it. Please, Ry? What's bothering you?" he asks, barely audible. I groan, placing my forehead to his shoulder.

        "It's just...you're going to be on tour, right? You're never going to be able to be here. I'm worried about you missing everything with the baby. I-I don't want he or she growing up without a father," I mumble, my voice cracking. Harry's breath hitches, and I can feel his head shaking above me.

       "I-I won't let that happen."

*3 Days Later*

        "Nice show, boys!" I cheer. They all smile and hug me, thanking me before going off to get cleaned up. Harry is last, grabbing my hand and dragging me to a sofa outside their dressing room.

       "Stay here, please," he tells me. "I'll be right back out," he assures me. I nod my head, pulling my feet up on the couch as well, laying back and pulling my phone out.

       "Hey, Ryder!"

       I look up, seeing Lou standing there, Lux on her hip. I smile wide, jumping up and throwing my arms around her. She laughs, hugging me back.

       "Lou! Lux! I haven't seen y'all in a while!" I exclaim. Lou nods her head in agreement.

       "I know, right! I heard the news! Congrats! This is huge!" she exclaims. I smile, thanking her.

       "Thanks, Lou. I'm pretty excited. Also a bit nervous, but that happens," I shrug. she nods her head.

       "Definitely. Well, I for sure was with Lux. But trust me, you have nothing to worry about with that boy of yours. He's going to take good care of the two of you," she assures me. I nod my head, placing my hand gently on my stomach.

       "I know he will, when he's here," I tell her. She raises her eyebrows in confusion.

       "What are you talking about?" she asks. I shrug.

       "With tour and all..." I trail off. She shakes her head, still noticeably confused.

       "When are you due?"

        "Towards October," I tell her. She nods her head.

        "That's what I figured. The boy's tour should end before you have the baby," she tells me. "What's your exact date?"

       "November 23rd," I tell her. She nods her head again.

       "The tour ends on the 15th, you'll be okay," (A/N: I know this probably isn't right for the OTRA Tour, but its for the story.) she tells me. I sigh in relief. "Well...unless the baby comes early, that is..." I groan, making her laugh.

       "Oh, please no!"

        "Please no what? Hi Lux!" Harry pops up behind me, scaring me a bit. I jump, placing my hand over my heart. He laughs, "Sorry, babe."

       "I was telling her how your tour ends before...important events happen," she says, her words cautious. I'm confused, trying to figure out why she ended it like that, before I follow her eyes over behind me shoulder, where a swarm of fangirls are standing.

       "You better go talk to your fans," I tell Harry, nudging his arm. He nods his head, ruffling Lux's hair a bit, pecking my lips quickly before going and talking to the girls.

       "But yeah, you should be fine," Lou assures me. I smile, hugging her again.

       "Thank goodness," I breath a sigh of relief. We get to talking about what we have missed recently, Lux sitting on the sofa where we ended up all sitting on, playing a coloring game on Lou's phone.

       "And then he-oh my-" she trials off. I once again follow her line of vision, turning over my shoulder to the group of the boys and the fans. I suddenly could only see red.

        One of the girls taps Harry on the shoulder as they're about to take the picture, asking him for a kiss on the cheek. He nods his head, hesitantly complying as he leans down to peck her cheek. No problem. No big deal, I've told him before this isn't a problem, Until now.

       The girl quickly turns her head to the side, making her lips connect with Harry's.