Chapter two

"Katie where are you?" Matt was inside the house looking for Katie. His parents came up to him,
"Where's Katie?" They asked worried. He tensed up. His eyes full of worry. He ran past them and too the tree house they had made for Katie three years ago. He called her name and a bucket came hurtling down with a note in it. It read:
Dear Matt,
I know you'd come look in my tree house and I am here. Do not worry I'm just playing with my toys. Don't worry about me and tell mom and dad.
Your sister Katie.

Matt looked at the note and at his parents who had tears in their eyes he held up the note.
"She's playing in her tree house." He walked back to them and inside to talk to Shiro and Keith.
"Hope you don't mind but Kieth is going over to see Katie. He feels so bad for his first impression." Matt nodded and called his parents to tell them. They just let Keith in and showed him the tree house.

"Katie I'm coming up." He yelled, he heard shuffling and posed was thrown in his face just a bit. She looked at him covering her ears and wearing make-up. He giggled at her.
"So you like makeup?" He laughed at himself and helped her take it off. Noticing green marks in her face. He moved strands of hair behind her ears. Pointed ears! She wiped his makeup off too.
"Knew you had some..." she gasped as when she took of the cheek makeup he had black marks a bit different from hers.
"Wanna talk about it?" She asked him and he nodded. He wiped his whole makeup off.
"I was told yesterday when my marks appeared." He explained and she hugged him,
"I was told I was different this morning when I saw your car. My marks came when I threw up." She whispered in his ear.
"First day of school tomorrow. Wanna be my first ever friend?" They parted the hug and she nodded and finally,
"We were when we met earlier." She giggled and he laughed, they taped all night long. Until they fell asleep. They were curled up with blankets and pillows in the corners.

"Wake up!" Katie jumped on Keith his eyes opened in a flash. Katie's long hair tickled his nose.
"Morning." He drowsily sat up and rubbed his eyes. He noticed the time and shot up. He looked in the mirror. He had makeup, better more casual makeup, to hide his marks. He looked at Katie who smiled and slid down an iron pole.
"We need to get ready!" He followed her. She helped him over the fence and they both parted into their houses.

When they had both come out of the house. They saw each other. It was a five minute walk to school and it was half an hour until first class/assembly. They chatted for ten minutes and then decided to walk to school. They noticed a gang of boys and one girl. Their hair were bleached white. The girl had dark skin and the what looked like gang leader had pale. They kissed as Kieth watched he twitched.
"You okay Kieth?" Katie had put a hand on his shoulder. The group looked at the two and laughed.
"Back off!" Katie hissed at them, they immediately went silent.
"Come on Kieth, forget those losers. You have me instead." Katie chirped. Keith smiled at her and walked with his hands in his pocket. They weren't in the same classes unfortunately but they could still hang at lunch.

"Hey girl. You're cute wanna hang out with the cool group." The gang leader asked as he lent on his locker next to Katie's.
"No thanks I have people to hang with already." Katie closed her locker and walked away. She felt bad saying no. But she already had Keith. When she got outside she saw Keith with a large scar on his eye.
"Keith what happened?!" She asked worried she then saw the boy from earlier. He looked at her weakly.
"He happened. Said you were to good for me and then scratched me." She looked fuming with fury. Stomping over the boy.
"What did you do to Keith." She stopped in front of the gang looking smug.
"Taught him a lesson. He hung out with a girl to smart,pretty and out of his league. He doesn't deserve you." She wanted to slap him but calmed down.
"Wrong. Your his cousin aren't you?" She looked hurt and he looked surprised.
"How did you?" He laughed at himself and the others looked shocked.
"Your jealous of him and he's jealous of you. Your behaviour says it all." She turned around and walked back to Kieth before being grabbed by her shoulder and jolted back.
"I'm Lotor. You will hang with my group!" He commanded and she smiled and shook her head
"No thanks." She turned back again and managed to get to Kieth. She looked at his scar.
"He's sorted out mate." She playfully punched his shoulder. He giggled and they separated again. Back to class.

(Time skip)

By the end of the day Katie was waiting with her brother and Shiro for Keith. When Keith finally walked out they were all shocked at his appearance. Scars on his arms and legs. A black eye from a fist, blood slowly flowing from his mouth and finally his shabby clothes and messy hair. Katie ran up to him.
"Keith! Lotor I'm guessing?" He nodded and she led him over to the car. Katie's dad, Samuel, drove them home. Keith told his parents he was going to hang with Katie for the night. They agreed and he walked over to her house. Let in by her parents he walked slowly to he tree house. He yelled her name and she helped him up. He saw a bowl of water and a clean damp cloth.