14. Accepted.

--- 4 years later ---

Abhishek's POV-

"Abhay? What're you doing here?" Virat bhai asked.

"Kuch nahi bhai, bass yuhi." I shrugged my shoulders.

He sat beside me and dipped his legs into the pool.

"Kya hua?" He asked me, again.

"Kal ka match mere liye bohot important hai bhai." I told him.

"It decides your permanent spot in the Indian Team, yeah?" He asked, looking at me.

I nodded.

"Ahhh! I'd gone through this a couple of years back." He started.

"I was kind of nervous but then I had to prove myself. And, I'd promised my dad that I'd become a part of the Indian Team. So, I just believed in myself." He smiled at me.

"Thanks bhai." I side hugged him.

"Arre bhai bhi bolta hai, thanks bhi bolta hai?" He chuckled. I smiled at him.

A few minutes later he stood up to go back to his room. He asked me to sleep early since tomorrow would be an important day. I told him an okay and walked to my room.

"Aa gaya tu?" Manjot teased.

I jumped on him and hit him with a pillow.

"Aaaaa! Bachao!" He screamed in a high pitched voice. I hit him more for that.

"Agar tu nahi ruka toh main Vashi ko call karunga." He threatened.

I stopped on hearing her name. I got off him and sat on the bed. I knew he was lying. He does not have her number. Infact, even Mithali does not.

"Miss karta hai na usko?" He asked me.

I let out a breath and nodded my head.

"Chaar saal ho gaye. Na usko dekha, na baat ki. Udhar jaate hi usne school bhi change karli." I told him.

"Usne number bhi change karli." He added.

It's been four years! Four years since I broke her heart. Mithali told me, as soon as they reached Chandigarh, Vashi called her mom and told that she wants to come back. Vashi didn't even tell them where she's going. I won't blame her, after all, it was our fault. We played with her. Mithali tried calling her but it wasn't available. Vashi had changed her number too.

"Adithi ne call kiya?" I asked Manjot.

"Haan jab tu bahar tha tab." He answered.

Yes, you've guessed it right, they're dating. It's been two years.

"Is she coming tomorrow?" I enquired.

"Yeah, she is. I can't wait to meet her." He groaned.

Adithi had gone to Hyderabad to do her BBA. She visited Manjot two months back while she was on her holidays. She's coming to Delhi tomorrow.

She landed a job here too!

"By the way, you got any idea about Vashi?" He asked.

"I don't know man. Right now, all I know is that I need to fulfill her promise. I promised her that I'd make it to the playing eleven. Tomorrow I need to prove myself for her." I said.

"Don't worry, you will." He patted my back.

"Even your selection depends on tomorrow's match." I chuckled at him.

He chuckled himself and told, "I know. But my lucky charm is coming tomorrow. So, I know all will go well." He smiled. Indeed, Adithi is his lucky charm. Whenever she accompanied him to any match, Manjot always played well.

"ABHAY! SHE ACCEPTED MY FOLLOW REQUEST AND REQUESTED TO FOLLOW ME ON MY PRIVATE!" Manjot said, eyes wide open.

"Who?" I gave him a questioning look.

"Vashi, dude!" He said.

My eyes shot wide open. I snatched his phone and checked. He's right. She acceped his request.

I threw his phone at him and grabbed mine quickly.

"SHE ACCEPTED MINE TOO!" I said. I quickly accepted her follow request to my private account. I sent her the request four years back.

Is this an indication of her coming back into my life?

I scrolled through her instagram, checking her pictures.

She's changed so much. Her cheekbones are more visible now and jawline more sharper.

I checked her story. It said, "Mission accomplished. DREAM JOB STARTS TOMORROW!"

I got a text from Mithali, all of a sudden.

"Vashi texted me on Insta!" It said.

I texted her back quickly.

A- What did she say?

M- She's forgiven us. She said it was a cheap move but it's all fine now.

A- Thank god. Where is she now?

M- She's in Delhi.

A- WHERE IN DELHI?

M- Idk.

A- Did she say anything else?

M- Nah, that's all.

A- Did she give you her number?

M- No :( I asked, but she said, I'll get it eventually. Idk what she meant.

A- Did you ask her to meet?

M- Yeah and she said, we'll meet eventually. Again, I didn't understand what she meant by that.

A- Oh okay. :/

M- Listen, don't worry about this now. You've got an important match tomorrow. Akanksha and I will be there. Sleep now. Good night.

A- Yeah, thanks. :) Good night!

I told Manjot about whatever Mithali said, to which he replied- everything would be fine. All I did was nod at his response.

Without stressing more, we quickly switched off the lights and went to sleep.

Tomorrow is a big day.

****

Heyyy!

Sorry for the short chapter. :/

I'll update one more today, I promise. :P

Vote. Vote. Vote. ❤