17. Terrible joke.

Abhishek's POV-

Did she just say she's engaged?

No, this can't be happening. Like what is she? 22? And she's engaged? No. No. No. No.

The whole dressing room stared at her. They were shocked to say the least. I just saw my whole world crashing down.

Vashi looked around the dressing room. Her eyes stayed at me for a bit longer. She then looked back at Hardik bhai.

All of a sudden, Hardik bhai and Vashi started laughing.

What the fuck?

"That was a good one bhai!" Vashi said and high- fived Hardik bhai.

"I know! Look at their faces." He said, laughing more.

"What's happening? And aren't you upset because she called you bhai?" Manjot asked.

I glared at him for the second question.

"Oh god. We were just joking. Vashi can never get engaged. She's allergic to the word 'love'. And obviously, I'm not upset. She's like my little sister." Hardik chuckled.

We all had a confused look on our face.

"Look. Mine and Vashi's family stay in the same building. Heck, we live on the same floor. I met her four years back. So, yeah, she has been my little sister since then." Hardik bhai said, while putting his arm around Vashi's shoulder.

Oh my god. That was such a terrible joke.

"Look at Abhay's face. It looks like you've just taken a hell lot of load off his head." Virat bhai joked.

All heads turned to look at me. I gave them a sheepish smile and in return they all laughed.

"But allergic to the word love, why?" Ritika bhabi asked.

"It's a long story. I'll make it short. Her bestfriend made a deal with her cousin to make Vashi fall in love. So Vashi being stupid, fell in love. When she realised it was a deal, she was devastated of course. I've seen how she got over it. Vashi hasn't even told me their names because if she did, I'd hunt them down and she knows that." Hardik bhai chuckled.

Mithali and I looked at each other.

"That's my past now, can we not talk about it?" Vashi shrugged.

"It's not like I'd go back to that guy anyway." She continued.

I could hear my heart break into a million pieces.

"That's my girl." Hardik bhai chuckled and put an arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer.

"Then why do you have a ring on your ring finger?" Rohit bhai asked.

"My mum gifted me this ring. I usually put it on my ring finger because then if any guy thinks he has a chance with me, he'll see the ring and be like "Oh okay. She's taken." so yeah...." She smiled sheepishly, shrugging her shoulders.

"She's smart." Ravi sir laughed.

"That toh I am." She winked at him.

"Oh by the way! Before I forget. You all have a flight tomorrow night to Sri Lanka. So get your things packed up tonight itself because tomorrow morning you'll be having a check up with the team doc. And yeah, I'll give everyone's ticket tomorrow at the airport. Cool?" She explained.

"Ah! She's perfect for the job." Ravi sir smiled. Vashi gave a huge grin in return.

"Yes ma'am." Mahi bhai said, enlongating the 'a'. The rest of us followed his foot steps.

"By the way! What's going on between you and Shruti, Unmukt?" Ravi sir chuckled.

"Nothing sir." Unmukt blushed.

Vashi started to fake cough which was later joined by the rest.

"Okay fine. I'm kind of like her. But I don't know how to make a move." He shrugged.

"ShuruTea se karo." Vashi said.

Virat bhai and Mahi bhai got what she meant so they burst out laughing. The rest of us had no clue.

"She made a pun. Shruti ko usne SHURUTEA bana diya. Ab samjhe?" Mahi bhai asked.

When we did understand, we looked at Unmukt and chuckled. He had this cute blush on his face.

"Oh you guys want to hear a joke on garlic?" Vashi asked, suddenly.

Everyone told her to go on.

"Toh le sun phir."  She laughed.

Again, Virat bhai and Mahi bhai got it.

"Explain." Anushka bhabi asked Virat bhai.

"Tum logo ne "le sun" suna, lekin usne "lehsun" kaha." Bhai laughed.

"Okay, when is her contract getting over? I can't stay with these kind of terrible jokes." Shubman joked.

"Beta, terrible joke ye nahi. Terrible joke toh tere mom dad ne 1999 mein banaya tha." Said Vashi.

The whole dressing room erupted into laughters. Shubman's face was so pink. He folded his hands in front of Vashi and begged her to stop. Manjot on the other hand, banged the lockers and laughed.

"She's the best." Ravi sir complimented her, still laughing.

Indeed, she is. The best.

****

Heyyy.

I know this chapter sucked. ._.

Next chapter coming up in a few hours.

Vote. Vote. Vote. ❤

Also, I hope you guys got the puns. :P