[5]

ii

ii. First Scars, First Party

"Okay I did it." Gwen looked at Malia with a nervous face. "Why are you looking like that? You just asked a boy out. I mean it's fake but it counts."

Malia put her hands on Gwen's shoulder. "Maybe you guys can actually go on a date after this."

The school bell ring letting them know that 6th period was about to start. "He's going to hate me after this."

"Um after he tries to kill you. He'll feel guilty. I wouldn't worry about that." Malia shrugged like it was common knowledge. This girl.

"Thanks for your wise words. I gotta go to class." Malia smiled at her compliment even though it was pure sarcasm and waved bye.

She walked into algebra class and sat down at her usual spot. Gwen tried to avoid Liam's eyes which didn't help with him being right behind her.

"Gwen." He whispered harshly. Her eyes widened and she pretended she didn't hear it. "As much as I know you'd love to focus on class. I know you are hearing me." You could hear the smirk in his voice.

The teacher stepped out from a doctors phone call and everyone started talking. She turned around facing Liam.

"What?"

"I was just gonna remind you, you don't know where I live." Liam fiddled with his pen. "Oh yeah. Here." She tore a piece of paper off a blank sheet and placed it on his desk.

He looked up and raised an eyebrow. "What? Forgot how to spell?" She teased him. Liam smirked and tilted his head to the side.

He wrote down the address handing it to her, but he kept looking at her longer than expected. "What?"

"Nothing. I just noticed that-never mind." The teacher came back in and tried to get the classes attention.

Throughout the whole class Gwen didn't pay attention and began to write in her notebook more about Wendigos.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be working on your paper?" Liam whispered to her. His breath tickled the back of her neck making her squirm in her seat.

"Yeah, well, I'm supposed to be doing a lot of things but I live to disappoint so." She said as her phone went off.

"Phones off please Miss Stilinski." Mrs. Henry scolded her. "If I hear it again it will be a detention."

Liam began to chuckle and the teacher lifted her head again, "I wouldn't be laughing Mr. Dunbar i've seen you trying to get her attention all period. Let's hope you don't get detention as well."

Gwen looked down at her phone. It was a text message from Scott.

Scott🐺💓:
Hey did it work? Did he say yes?