[18]

ii

ii. Chimera

"Find anything?" Scott asked.

"Nope." Stiles shook his head in disappointment.

"I fell in a hole."

Gwen gave Liam a look before getting into the jeep. Scott went up to the window of the car, "It was the bridge where his sister died, wasn't it?"

"Yes it was." Stiles said. "Very embarrassing." Gwen added sharply glaring at her brother who dragged her into this.

"So, we're going to leave now." Stiles tried to start the car but the engine sputtered then stopped making Gwen groan and hit her head on the dash.

"Son of a..." Stiles rubbed his head, "Liam do me a favor and just get in the car and turn the ignition when I say."

Liam got in the front seat by Gwen and shut the door behind him. "Are you going to say yes?" He asked the blonde making her sit up. "What?"

"Try it!" Stiles asked. Liam tried but it sputtered again then stopped.

"Are you?" Liam asked and she shook her head. "No."

"Why not? I know you think he's hot and stuff." Liam sighed. "Try it!" Stiles yelled.

He tried it again but the same thing happened. "Because he's not my type."

"Try it again!" Stiles yelled once more.

But the engine stopped again.

"What's your type?" Liam said nervously. "Short brunettes that have anger issues and puppy dog eyes." She smiled and Liam blushed.

Liam was about to speak until hearing Stiles yell, "Because you trust everyone!" Punching the car, hurting his hand.

Gwen gripped Liam's hand out of fear. "Sorry." She let go of his hand. "It's okay."

The engine started and the lights went on making Gwen frown. "I guess this is the part where we separate?"

Liam shrugged, "You could come see Mason with me if you want. I probably need your help. He can take you home."

__

Liam and Gwen ran up to Mason who was walking out of the school. "Hey! Sorry I missed it."

"Oh, no, you're not late. You missed it. I worked out. For two hours." Mason sighed.

"Yeah, I know. I forgot and I'm gonna tell you why. Actually, I'm gonna tell you a lot of things. A lot of hard to believe things. Really hard to believe."

"There's a wolf." Mason murmured making Gwen raise an eyebrow before turning around see a wolf. "Yeah, I'm getting to that-"

"No. Liam. There's a wolf." Gwen turned him around, her eyes as wide as ever.