[13]

ii

ii. Her Time Has Come

Stiles paced back and forth trying to get a hold on Lydia, but she wouldn't answer her phone. "What's she doing at the school anyway?" Derek questioned.

"We got Kira's sword but we need something with a stronger scent." Gwen said holding up the sword. "Lydia wants to get a jacket out of her locker."

Stiles came back and sighed, "Nothing."

"If she has a car, she can catch up to us." Braeden announced. Peter pointed to her, "That's a good point. We'll call her from the road."

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows, "No. What if something's happened to her? What if she's in trouble?"

"Fine. You stay. You find her. We're gonna go on without you." Peter scowled. Liam looked up from his phone, "I could call Mason. He has a study group at school. Maybe he could look for her."

Stiles sighed, "Alright. Fine."

Stiles pulled Gwen and Malia behind. "I'm gonna be back there with Liam and Derek. I've got some experience dealing with out of control teen wolves."

Gwen sighed, "I'm going too."

"No you're not Gwen. Do you remember what happened last time with Liam?" He pointed at the scars on her arm. She pulled her arm away.

"You'd do the same for Scott. Liam is my best friend and he's not doing anything alone."

Stiles sighed, "God you should like me." He face palmed. "Fine."

"You'll be okay riding with Peter?" Stiles asked Malia.

"He is my father. Maybe we could be bonding."

"No. No bonding." Stiles said.

"Play the radio, play it loud." Gwen added.

Before they walked into the cars Peter spoke, "Remember what we're dealing with. It's not jut Kate, it's Berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume that there's any humanity left. Oh." Peter stopped and looked at Liam.

"This little one is terrified of them aren't you? Don't worry my friend, it's the fear that will keep you alive. And a reminder to everyone. You do not fight Berserkers to survive. You fight to kill."

Gwen turned around and got in the back of the van. Liam was on the phone with Mason and he looked at Gwen nervously thinking about the Berserkers.

He hung up the phone and Derek put handcuffs on him chaining both hands to the seat. "All good?" Derek asked.

Liam lifted up as hard as he could testing it. It didn't break making Stiles out a thumbs up. "Okay. I brought something to help you." He pulled out the Triskelion. "This has been with my family for centuries. It's a very powerful supernatural talisman. We use it to teach Betas how to control themselves on a full moon." He handed it to Liam.