[12]

ii

ii. Gone Missing

"You can have the bed if you want." Liam got a blanket and sat on the ground. "Are we going to argue like a like an old couple about who's taking the bed or are you just gonna give in and lay in the bed with me?"

He rolled his eyes getting up from the floor and sitting on the bed. "Here." He our a body pillow between them. Gwen rolled her eyes and turned the other direction, her back facing towards him.

Liam hesitantly turned the light off. Rain poured outside and he got up slowly looking around his room fearfully. He shook it off laying back down and turning off the light.

Liam flinched at the creaking of the wood and the snarling is a Berserker. His breathing got heavier and heavier the more the footsteps came closer and closer.

"You're not there. You're not there." Liam chanted before turning on his light again and shooting. "Liam what's wrong? What's not there?"

Gwen rubbed her eyes and put her hands slowly on his arms to try and stop him from freaking out. "Gwen. I keep seeing them. Everywhere."

"Seeing what? The Berserkers?"

He nodded slowly and she moved the body pillow from the middle of them. "What are you doing?" He questioned as she turned off the light.

"Come here." She opened her arms laying down and he went into her arms putting his head on her chest.

Her arms wrapped around his upper body and her hand caressed his head holding him softly. Liam really liked her holding him. He felt protected and warm. However, if he told anyone at school about this someone would question his masculinity but he didn't care.

"Thanks princess."

__

Gwen opened her eyes slowly at the sudden sunlight coming through the window. She felt someone pull her back down onto their chest.

"5 more minutes." Liam whined. She threw a pillow at him. "You have early morning lacrosse practice dummy."

"I don't care." He smirked with his eyes still closed. "Yes you do. Get up." Gwen got out of his grip and looked around for clothes. "What are you gonna do about what you're wearing today. "Well wearing my skinny jeans again wouldn't be bad but I could use a shirt."

He smirked, "Dang everyone at schools gonna see you in my shirt. I like that." Liam got up stretching a little bit and found a sweater throwing it at her.

"Hurry and we can get coffee."

"You're the best I've ever had." She ran past him putting on the clothes and throwing her hair up in a messy bun.