Love Lost, Love Gained

•Angel's P.O.V.•

'I'm sorry, we did everything we could.'

          The doctor's words echoed in my head, they couldn't save her, couldn't save my mom. It felt like the floor had fallen out from under me, and I felt my knees buckle as I fell to the floor, in a heap of tears. "Angel, come on, we've got to go." My aunt said coming up behind me, and laying a hand on my shoulder, I shrugged her off, and didn't move, I just laid there. I didn't want to leave, I only wanted my mom, she was the only one who had ever understood me. I didn't want to think about life without her. I heard my aunt sigh and walk away, leaving me in my spot on the floor.

        "Mr. Toro, I'm sorry, we did everything we could." The same words spoken, by a different doctor, to a different person, but for the same reason. My mom had been drinking that day, and left the house in a rage, she ran a red light, and didn't see the other car in front of her. It just so happened that she crashed right into Ray Toro's wife Christa, and their son Beau. Everyone from My Chemical Romance and their families, were just down the hall from where I was, but I didn't care. I just wanted my mom, as much as, I'm sure that wanted his wife and child. "Angel, I said that we have to go!" My aunt yelled at me, causing them to look over at us, but I still refused to get up.

       My aunt tried to pick me up, and I screamed, scaring the shit out of not only everyone else, on that floor, but myself as well. "Angel, stop it!" My aunt cried. "No! I want my mom, I want my fucking mom, and you are not going to take me away from here until they save her!" I yelled at her, my face getting hot. I then collapsed back to the floor and cried even harder than I already was. "Th-this is a-all my f-f-fault." I choked out between sobs. I started pound my fists on the floor, like a three year old would if they were told that they couldn't get a toy, and didn't stop even though I knew I looked as much like a child as I felt right at that moment.

      "Angel, you either come with me now and I'll take you to an orpahnge, or the police can do it." My aunt said, standing above me, with her arms folded across her chest. Then a group of people came over, and made a protective circle around me. I looked up to see none other than the grieving families that were standing at the end of the hall only moments ago. Their kids were sitting next to me on the floor, Lily, Cherry, Rowan, and Bandit, were playing with my hair, and giving me small kisses. Miles just leaned and whispered in my ear, "It's not your fault, uncle Ray doesn't blame you." I started to cry more, hearing his words. "She just lost her mother, and you want to put her into foster care?!?" I heard Lyn-Z shout at my aunt. "Why are you even defending her, it was her mom that killed, his wife, and child." My aunt fired back. You could feel the tension rise, after the words left her lips, at that moment I stood up, and pushed my way out of the protective circle and faced Ray. I swallowed before I spoke, "I'm sorry." His look of anger disappeared and was replaced by a gentle one, he wrapped me up in a hug, "It's not your fault, darling." I held onto him tighter, and when he released me, I turned around to see my furious aunt.

        Before anyone could say or do anything, my aunt slapped me so hard that I fell back into Ray, and before I knew it, someone else was on the floor. It was Lyn-Z. "Frank, help me, I can't hold her down forever." Gerard called to Frank who was trying to hold Jamia. A bunch of doctors, and nurses came over and grabbed my aunt, hauling her down the hall. As soon as they were let up Lyn-Z, Jamia, and Kristin we hugging me to them, and telling me that it was going to be okay. A police officer and a woman came over to us, and I was passed from Lyn-Z to Gerard. "We're not here to cause trouble, we just need to take Angel with us, to a foster home." the woman said, she had short brown hair, styled into a type of wave, and worse a red pencil shirt, with a white button down top, Lyn-Z actually growled, when she saw the woman look at me. Ray stepped forward and pushed my protector back, "I want to adopt her, she's in need of a real home, and I'm in need of a family." The woman looked at Ray flabbergasted by his statement "Are you sure?" she asked, her eyes wide. "Of course I'm sure, I have the perfect home, that shouldn't even need to be seen to know that it meets requirements as I just lost my five year old son." Ray told her, a slight look of annoyance dancing across his face.

       "W-well alright. I'll just have to call my supervisor to get the 'ok'." she said, turning away and walking down the hall to make the call. Ray turned around and looked at me, he must have seen something in my eyes because he hugged me, and said the unthinkable. "Thank you." I pulled away confused, "For what?". He smiled, "For coming into my life, when I needed someone the most. No offense to you guys." He finished gesturing to the others. They smiled, and shrugged it off, "Thank you, especially you Lyn-Z." I said, she looked confused and tilted her head to the side, "When the woman came over here and looked at me, you growled at her, no one has ever growled at someone for looking at me before." I told her. She beamed, "Anytime, Angel baby." I giggled. Then the woman came back with a smile, "My boss said that it's perfectly fine, and we've set a court date for you to adopt her, on April 15." she said, then walked away, Ray picked me up in a hug, and spun me around.

       When he put me down, the kids came over and hugged me. "Welcome to the family, Angel." They all said in unison, "Angel, I hate ask this, but do you want to back to your house to get your things?" Ray asked, tears started to fill my eyes when I realized that this was real. "We don't have to do it now, we can do it later. Or we can get you all new things." Ray said hurriedly, I sighed and gave him a small smile. "We can do it now. Better now, than later. It will hurt more." I reassured him.

~ A/N~
If you read this far then you must like this, so I'm going to update as much as possible, but I have state tests coming up next week, so I may not be able to always update, or remember too. Sorry in advance.