New Home

•Ray's P.O.V•

      Angel was sitting the passenger seat, with her knees up to her chest. "Are you okay?" I ask, looking at her worriedly. "Yeah, this just feels unreal, like I'm walking through an daze, a nightmare, that I'll wake up from any minute" she said, tears filling her eyes. I sighed, "I know, I feel the exact same way, but I'm here for you." She looked at me with teary eyes, and nodded her head, "I'm here for you too, you don't have to take me in but you are, and I really appreciate that." My heart beat a little faster hearing her say this. I knew the pain of losing a parent, and now I know that pain of losing a child, maybe this is God's way of giving me another chance.

      When we got to her house, I was shocked. Despite the fact that, her mother had hit my wife with a very nice car, they didn't have a very nice house. In fact, it was trashy, and Angel knew that because she blushed and said "We didn't have a lot of money, and that car wasn't hers." I just nodded, and followed her into the house, when we got inside, I saw how bad things really were. "This way." Angel called to me, I followed her to the very last room, at the end of the hall. "Welcome to my soon to be former room." she said, and opened the door with a flourish. I walked inside, and was surprised to find that she has MCR posters e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. There were purple LED lights, strung up on the walls; over the posters. "Wow" I breathed.

      Angel immeadiately started packing her clothes into a duffle bag, then she moved on to other things in her room, like her LEDs, her posters, sketch books. "I'll be right back, I need to get something from my moms room." Angel said, and quickly left. I sat on the bed, and began looking around the room, when something in her closet caught my attention. I get up to see what it is and I find a black Les Paul in the back of her closet. "Oh, thank god, you found pepé!" Angel squeals walking into the room, and pushing past me to get to pepé. I smiled "Do you play?" Without responding Angel sat down on her bed, plugged in her amp, and started to play My Way Home Is Through You. She soon began to sing, and seemed to get lost in the music, because she didn't notice the others walk into her room.

     When Angel finished, we all clapped, causing her to look up in surprise to find everyone else standing there. Her face turned a bright red, and she smiled shyly. "Aw, come here." Frank said, holding his arms put to her, and she rushed into them, hiding her face in his neck. "You're going to like, living with Ray." Mikey said, causing Angel's head to shoot up "He speaks!" she exclaimed. Mikey laughed, and took her from Frank, holding her tight. "Angel, do you have everything?" I asked, she nodded letting go of Mikey, to unplug pepé, and her amp. I grabbed her bag, and we all headed out the door, after we loaded everything into the car, I looked around for Angel but couldn't find her. "Angel?" I called, be coming frantic, I couldn't have lost her already, "I'm right here, Ray." Angel called standing on the porch talking to someone. I walked over to Angel, and put my arm around her waist in a protective manner. "Ray, this is Brad, my mom's ex boyfriend. Brad this is Ray, he's going to be adopting me, since my mom is gone." Angel stated. I nodded a hello, and tightened my grip on Angel, I didn't like the looks of this guy, didn't like the vibe coming off him. "Well isn't that something, Angel caused her moms death, and manipulated someone else into taking her in. Wow, Angel I'm shocked at how well you've gotten, but I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?" Brad sneered at her, I looked down at Angel, to see her crying.

    I sighed, trying to resist the urge to punch this prick in the head, "Come on Angel, let's go home." We turned to leave, but something stopped us, and I turned to see Brad grabbing onto Angel's wrist "She is home, you're not taking her anywhere." he said, trying to pull her out of my grasp. Before I could say anything someone came over, and knocked Brad on his ass. "Let go of my fucking niece" I heard Frank growl, grabbing Angel, and pulling her close. I looked to Jamia confused, but she just smiled and shook her head, Brad wasn't getting up anytime soon, because Frank knocked him out cold. We turned and walked over to the cars, "Thanks Frank." Angel said, looking up at him with eyes full of gratitude, "Anytime, shortstack." he replied with a wink, making her giggle. "Okay, now let's go home." I said with a chuckle, turning towards the car.

         Angel got into the passenger seat, pulling her knees up to her chest again. "Thank you." she said so quietly that I almost didn't hear. I smiled at her, and turned on the radio, turning it up, a bit. Angel rolled down her window, and stuck her hand out, I smiled, and looked behind me to see Jamia, Kristin, and Lyn-Z doing the same. Angel seemed to really perk up when Pour Some Sugar On Me, by Def leppard came on, she started dancing, and singing along, and I couldn't help but laugh at her, she was so cute. The stock her head put of the window and yelled lyrics to Lyn-Z who was also leaning out of the window, and yelling the back to her. Despite the fact that it was supposed to be a very sad day, Angel put us all into a good mood. I think Christa sent her to me, because she knew I'd someone like this. 

~A/N~
I really hope that you like it, this is really challenging my creative abilities. 1048 words