Kill All Your Friends

•Angel's P.O.V.•

Angel's Nighmare:

I'm running down a dark hall, and it seems to be empty until an arms shoots out and grabs. I try to scream but no sound will come out, I fight against what ever had a hold of me, or I at least try to. "Daddy!" I yell, praying that he'll hear me and come save me. Whatever or whoever has me, turns and suddenly the room is bright white. I open my eyes to see dad, Lyn-Z, Gerard and Bandit on their knees in the middle of the room. Bandit's crying, Gerard and Lyn-Z are trying to comfort her, telling her that everything is going to be okay, but they don't know that. "Daddy!" Angel calls out again, when she notices that Ray is also crying, but he won't look at me. I'm shoved forward by the person who has me, I turn around and see Brad pointing a gun at Bandit, and I run at him as soon as he pulls the trigger, taking the bullet.

I jolt awake, gasping for air, feeling my chest, searching my body for a bullet wound, but not finding one. I sight in relief, I roll on my side, and grab my phone off the nightstand beside my bed, looking at the time.
3:25am
I've had nightmares like this before, so I get out of bed, quietly walk downstairs, and try my best to be quiet while going out the back door. I release a breath that I didn't know I was holding when my bare feet touch the cool grass, I walk to the little pond in the back of the yard, and just sit there, looking into the water. I'm so lost in my own head that I didn't notice Gerard sitting next to me until Lyn-Z came out to us. "What are you guys doing out here?" Lyn-Z says, and I jump at the sound of her voice, not knowing that I was no longer alone. "I came out here, because I heard Angel come out, I didn't want her to be alone." Gerard said from beside me. I looked over at him, "Did I wake you guys up?" I ask, Gerard shakes his head "I woke up because there was a presence missing in the house". Lyn-Z sighs and sits on the other side of me, so I'm between them. "Gerard's always been able to tell that kind of thing, when Bandit was born he'd always wake up then seconds before she would cry." Lyn-Z said smiling at the memory.

       Gerard turned to me "Why did you come out here all alone?" he asked, I shrugged, "I couldn't sleep, and I like the vibe I get from the back yard." I tell him, then I ask "How long have I been out here?". Gerard looks down at his phone when he gets it out of his pocket, and it shows the time. 6:34am . "About three hours" he tells me, I nod a response, and turn my attention back to the pond. "I had a nightmare, I was running down a dark hallway, then someone grabbed me, and took me to a room where you, Lyn-Z, Bandit, and dad were. You were all on your knees, and Bandit was crying, you and Lyn-Z were trying to tell her that it would be okay, but you weren't really sure. I turned around in just enough time to see the person who brought to that room pointing a gun at Bandit, and I jumped in front of her to tak the bullet when he pulled the trigger." I told them sighing. Gerard put his arm around my shoulder, "Angel, nothing like that will ever happen, you are safe here, Bandit is safe. We are all safe, and alive. Focus on that." he told me. I nodded and played my head on his shoulder, slowly falling asleep.

•Gerard's P.O.V•

        After she fell asleep on my shoulder, I picked Angel up, and carried her into the house. When I got to the top of the stairs Ray comes out if his room, "What happened, is Angel okay?" he asks hurriedly, following me into her room. "Yeah, she's fine, just a nightmare. I woke up when I felt her presence leave the house and followed her to the pond." I told him, he looked worried still, so I told him about her dream, and reassure him that she was okay. "Ray, I sat there with her for three hours, she was zoned out the entire time, until Lyn-Z came out and asked us what we were doing." I said, running a hand through my hair, "Whatever that kid went through, to cause her to zone out like that, had to be pretty bad." Ray nodded a response, and walked down to the kitchen. "Coffee anyone?" Ray asked from the kitchen, I laughed "Is that even a question Toro?" and walked into the kitchen. We stood in the kitchen all three of us, Lyn-Z, Ray, and I, and talked about what we were going to do about Angel, when Bandit came running into the room "Daddy, Angel's screaming!" I put my coffee cup on the table, and ran up the stairs to Angel's room, hearing nothing from inside, I walked into her room, and over to her bed finding her sound asleep. "No, daddy not screaming where you can hear her, in her dream." Bandit said coming up behind me, and climbing onto the bed.

       Bandit wrapped her arms around the older girls head and whispered "It's okay Angel, I'll protect you." I smiled at the sight, and turned around when I heard a quiet 'aww' come from behind me. Lyn-Z and Ray were standing in the door way, smiling at the two girls, "Just like you and Mikey." Ray said laughing, I shook my head and shooed them out of the room, closing the door behind me. Angel is going to be okay, I tell myself, walking down the stairs, I hear the familiar patter of Bandit's small feet and turn around to pick her up. "Let's go home babygirl." I say swinging her around, Lyn-Z laughs, and follows me out. We all call a quiet 'bye' to Ray, and get in the car, pulling out of the driveway after Bandit is strapped in her car seat.