ten.

———

———

It's funny how people are usually excited to introduce their boyfriends or girlfriends to their friends but nervous to introduce them to their parents. I'm the opposite.

   A few weeks ago, I went on my first date with Mason. I was expecting to be nervous for the date, however, my mind was slightly distracted at the time. In all honesty, I only really said yes to Mason at first because I needed a distraction from a certain someone else. I quickly got over it though, except it didn't last long.

   I stared at this picture for hours when it first came out. It was a picture of Taylor Swift wearing a necklace. It wasn't just any necklace though, it was the same silver paper airplane necklace that Harry wears.

   So maybe during the first half of my first date with Mason I was a bit consumed with guilt over the fact that I was practically pining over another boy. However, I quickly realised that Mason is actually a really nice guy and he's really funny too. He's the sort of guy that's just laid back and doesn't think about things too much. He just goes with life.

   I continued going on dates with Mason because I did actually develop feelings for him. By our fifth date that's when we made things "official". He took me back to the park we met at, kissed me, then asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes and then kind of freaked out on the inside because I'm eighteen and Mason is my first actual boyfriend.

   That sort of catches up to today, the day Mason meets everyone.

   Tonight was originally planned to be a casual family gathering where I introduce my family to Mason. My parents are in England currently so it only seemed like the perfect time. However, when aunt Heather heard word of Mason never meeting the boys - all for good reason - she took it upon herself to invite them.

   Now, I haven't been avoiding introducing Mason and the boys per say. Mason doesn't seem like the jealous type, but I wouldn't know unless I introduce him to my friends, who happen to be the boys of one of the most popular bands in the world. Maybe I'm scared of how he'd react if he saw the way the six of us act around each other. I guess you could say I have a platonic sort of relationship with each of the boys, I just don't know how my boyfriend is going to feel about that.

   I guess now I don't have to keep wondering because in less than an hour, everything will be unfolding before my eyes.

"You know, you've been friends with those boys for over two years and we still haven't met them." my mum states for the hundredth time. I get the feeling she's more excited to meet the five boys rather than Mason with the way she's been going on about this ever since she arrived here this morning.

"This is your first time coming to see me since I moved here so there hasn't exactly been an occasion for you to meet them." I respond as I put the brownies into the oven. I felt like baking desserts from scratch for later, so I am.