6~ Dad Talk

Thursday rolled around and I went to the Haywood's after school to work on the project with Ashton.

I couldn't wait to see my dad. I told Ashton I would work on the project today because the project is due tomorrow and we need finishing touches on the presentation as well as practicing it a little bit.

I tried to work but my mind was with my dad. I know it's only been five days but I miss him.

"You mind is somewhere else."Ashton stated. I looked up from my computer into his eyes.

"What?" I asked. I didn't really hear what he said. His voice just snapped me out of my trance.

"Your mind is somewhere else. I'm the only one working"

"Um...I'm sorry" I said kind of embarrassed. I could feel my cheeks redden. I was the one who got mad at him for that.

He slid down from the couch to the ground with me.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked genuinely.

"My dad. He's uh he coming back today"

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" He asked.

"It's a very good thing. I love my dad more than anything. Before we moved he only had a business trip every few months if not longer, but now, since his job is in an entire different state halfway across the country he's going to be gone a lot more" I looked down at my feet, embarrassed at what I had just revealed to him.

"I didn't see my dad much either"

"I've never met him"

"That's true but we're not talking about the same guy. Briar, Jasper, Alex, Parker and me all have the same dad. I can't tell you much, that's up to Parker, but that's one reason he's so closed off to everyone."

"Oh" I said not knowing how else to respond.

"Yeah anyway Silas, Rhett and Flynn are our half siblings. Hair and eyes came from mom and their dad."

"They still look like all of you." I smiled sadly at him.

"Yeah we get our amazing good looks from our mom" he stood up and ran a hand through this hair and stood in a terrible model pose.

"Yeah I can tell, she's beautiful" I stood up.

"I'll tell you what, go see your dad, I'll finish the project."

"But" I started but I was cut off with a hand over my mouth.

"Shut up. I'm being nice for this one time. It's only the presentation left anyway."

I started to argue but I stopped myself. I gathered all my stuff and headed out of the door. Before I was fully gone I went back in and into the living room.

"Thank you Ashton" I said before running back out.

I drove home quickly and anxiously. I pulled into the driveway and I saw dads car there.

As fast as I could, I rushed to get out of my car and into my house.

I ran into my dad's arms.

"Dad!" I squealed

"Hi Aspen" he chuckled and wrapped his arms around me picking me up and twirling me around.

Mom looked at us in awe. She knew I was closer to my dad. She didn't care though she loved watching to two of us together.

"I have a surprise for you" he said.

I unlatched my arms from his neck and he went into the kitchen to grab something.