26~New Years

Christmas has come and gone and a new year is about to start. I don't know about anyone else. but I don't set new years resolutions. I think they're stupid and no one ever actually follows them. There's a party tonight at the Haywood's and of course I'm going. It's not really a party, more like a get together with all the girlfriend's and some close friends.

I've never had a midnight kiss and I can't wait to share my first one with Parker.

"Snow, can I come over? Over." Del asked through her walkie-talkie.

Yes, we have walkie-talkies. She bought them for us right after Christmas, so we can always be communicating.

"Go for it, grumpy. Over"

She came up with the idea to use our Halloween costumes as a code name, so we won't forget it.

"Over and out" she said through the walkie-talkie.

I turned off the walkie-talkie and pressed play on my episode of Criminal Minds.

A few minutes later, she busted through the door to my room. She jumped on my bed and looked at my screen.

"Oh Morgan, say no more. What season are you on?"

"Eight" I answered simply.

"I'll go get the popcorn, don't wait up." She hopped off my bed and went downstairs.

It's normal at this point for my mom to see her in the kitchen making food or getting drinks. She doesn't even question it anymore.

"So what time are we getting ready for the Haywood's?" Del asked as she came back with popcorn and candy. I don't know where she got the candy from. Last I checked we didn't have any.

"I don't know I think Parker's coming over later and taking me from here."

"On a scale from one to ten how fancy is it?" She asked.

"I don't know call Briar."

She took my phone and called Parker.

They had a conversation and Del squealed, before ending the call and throwing my phone on my bed.

"Great news! The parents are going out for the night and we get the house to ourselves. They're throwing a party and most of the school is invited, plus people from other schools. We're going all out. This is your first Haywood party, isn't it?"

"Haywood party? That's a thing?" I questioned.

"Yeah and it's amazing"

"I'll be right back I have some dresses at my house."

She rushed out and came back a few minutes later, with four bags.

"These are almost filled with dresses, don't worry I'll dress you" She said.

I had never been to a party this fancy before. Maybe it's because it's new year's eve or because it's a Haywood party, or maybe just because it's Del and she's extra.

"Are you sure you don't have anything longer?" I asked looking at all her dress choices.

They were all really short.

"Nope" She said blatantly and shoved a dress in my hands.

It was sparkly silver and wrapped to the side. The neck was v-shaped and went down very low. It was long sleeved which was a plus compared to the other dresses. The dress barely cover my butt.

"I vote no" I walked out of my closet.

"I agree try this one" She shoved another one in my hand and pushed my into the closet to change.