Chapter Five

"Hey." Harry breathes, a small grin returning to his face at the sight of the other boy.

Louis looks up at Harry, eyes watering before he lets the tears spill out, squeezing his eyes shut in an attempt to block out the world.

Before he has the chance to open them again, he feels a strong pair of arms wrap around him, pulling him gently into the room.

Louis buries his head in Harry's neck, breathing in the familiar scent. The arms around him don't loosen at all, instead hugging him a little tighter with every sob Louis lets escape.

"I'm s-sorry." Louis croaks, almost inaudibly.

"Baby, there's nothing to be sorry for. You didn't do anything wrong."

Astonished that Louis feels that he did anything wrong, Harry presses his eyes shut too. He hugs Louis tightly, trying to squeeze out the pain, the sadness, and the hurt. Trying to squeeze the guilt right out of the boy, because he has nothing to be guilty about. He has nothing to feel any sort of self negativity about.

Harry releases Louis, much to the blue eyed boy's displeasure. Lucky for him, Harry only let go so he can bend down and pick him up by the waist, allowing Louis' legs to wrap around his hips.

"I'm gonna... give you some space. Sorry." Niall says awkwardly, pointing to the door.

He startles Louis, who had been so distracted with Harry that he hadn't noticed the other lad.

"Thank you, Niall." Harry says, catching his gaze and thanking him deeply. For giving them space, for listening to Harry, for being a good person and Harry's best friend. Basically, he thanks Niall for his existence.

Bowing out of the room, Niall leaves the two to themselves.

"I shouldn't have run out." Louis says after a calming moment. Harry's embrace is really helping. "I was acting like a baby, running away from my problems."

"I'm sorry for kissing you." Harry murmurs.

"I love when you kiss me."

Smiling sheepishly, Harry pulls his head back to look Louis in the eyes.

"I'm sorry for kissing you on screen."

"It's alright. We didn't know. I just wish..." Louis' thought seems to get lost in his mind, tears flooding back to his eyes.

"It's okay, we're okay" Harry pulls Louis' head to him, murmuring in his ear, his face pressed to Louis' neck. Rocking them back and forth slowly, Harry can feel himself calming along with Louis.

"So... you're not mad at me, right?" Harry whispers nervously. Louis apologized to Harry for nothing, but if he's upset Harry wants to know so he can fix it.

"What? Of course not, Haz. I wasn't ready to come out yet, but since I did I'm glad it's with you. I'd rather it be you than anyone else in the world."

Harry's heart starts pounding in his chest. Of course he's there for Louis. Harry loves him too much to let him do this alone.

Whoops. There's that L word again.

"I don't know what I'd do without you." Louis mutters into Harry's neck.

"Girls." Harry giggles.

"I'd do girls?" Louis asks, pulling back to look at Harry.

Running a hand through Harry's hair, he watches his features twist into an infectious smile.

"Yep. But I'm here, so you do me instead."

Color flushes Louis' cheeks at the images (memories) that flash before his eyes.