Chapter Eleven

"What do you think they want?"

"They're probably gonna yell at me for telling the interviewer to shut up."

"You said it politely."

"Not really."

The boys pull their shoes on and fix their hair, preparing for a meeting with their management.

"You did though." Liam argues. "You could've told him to shut the fuck up. But you didn't. You tell me to shut the fuck up all the time, so you were being pretty polite for you."

"Oh, gee Li. That makes me feel so much better." Harry scoffs, tugging his hair into a bun, following Zayn off the bus and into the building.

Niall knocks on Simon's door, a muffled Come in granting them entrance.

Curt greetings are exchanged as Liam, Niall and Louis take a seat on the couch opposite Simon's desk, Zayn and Harry standing behind it.

"I'm assuming you know why you're here?"

"Is it about the interview?" Louis asks.

"Exactly." Simon sighs. "That interview was supposed to crush the Larry Stylinson-" the ship name gets spat from his mouth like a bad grape. "-rumors. Instead, you decided to flirt with each other even more. On camera."

Harry cuts in, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, so it's somebody else's hand resting on Louis' shoulder throughout the interview? Rubbing against his arm every time Larry is mentioned?"

Well shit.

Harry thought Zayn was blocking the cameras.

"I don't think you boys understand how serious I am about this. Your careers will be over. You'll never sing on stage again. No more touring, no more meet-and-greets with the fans, no anything."

"We've gone over this how many times before?" Zayn butts in. "And yet we're still causing problems. So you telling us again isn't going to change anything."

"I'm not just telling you." Simon leans forward in his chair, his elbows resting against his desk. "I'm doing something about it. You're going on break. You'll finish the last few European shows, then you won't be seen for months until America."

"But we've got interviews! What about the fans, we can't just ditch them!" Niall sits upright, giving his bandmates a worried glance. "They'll think something's wrong."

"Something is wrong. Mr. Styles and Mr. Tomlinson can't seem to get the message. No more Larry." An emphasis is put on each word of his final sentence. Arms crossing, Simon leans back in his chair, grinning smugly at the band.

That'll teach them. If they can't behave during interviews, they won't get any interviews to misbehave during.

"We've already called and cancelled your television interview for Good Morning America next week, along with your next two radio shows and live events. It'll give you two some time to get your shit together. You aren't each other's futures. This band is your future, and you can't let your silly little feelings get in the way of success."

The way Simon shifts his speech's aim from the group as a whole to Harry and Louis specifically makes Louis' blood boil. Yes, they're the ones causing the uproar within the agency, but it's Simon that's making it an issue. Literally no one else has a problem with it, just his homophobic flat ass.

"Right. I think we're done here." Liam stands from his place on the couch, pulling Niall up with him by the wrist. Zayn follows them out the door, Louis a few steps behind.