3 • We Meet Again

~~RUBY'S POV~~

I soon take notice that someone might hear us, including the possibility of someone 𝘣𝘢𝘥. So, I quickly cover the mouth of the ruby. "Shush, someone might hear us." I say, putting my finger over my mouth.

Once the ruby spotted me, she looked like she was in total fear as if she could scream her lungs out, but I kept her mouth shut with one of my hands, preventing so.

Not wanting her to think of me as someone who will hurt her, I say "Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you. You can trust me." Her scared expression slowly calmed down, but now seemed to be pretty cautious. That's when I stop covering her mouth, sliding my hand off.

"W- ...who are you?" She says. "If I could guess, I'm the- uhh..." I pause for a bit, forgetting my line from the other nightmare before talking back on track. "I'm the ruby of your mirror. And to my perspective, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 the ruby of 𝘮𝘺 mirror."

She pauses for a second, and to my guess, she seems to be processing what I said. "Huh, interesting... you're Mirror Ruby?" What? 'Mirror Ruby'? Is that what she calls the person in her mirror?? ... Cool!

"'Mirror Ruby'. If I could guess, it's what you call the person on your mirror." "Yep! Errmm...and as 𝘺𝘰𝘶 said, I'M 'Mirror Ruby' too?" ... "Well, no. I don't really give a name to- uh, her. I just simply call her, '𝘙𝘶𝘣𝘺'." I replied. "...huh, lame." "EXCUSE M- ..." feeling fear that someone would hear us if we yell, I quickly stop myself. "Erm, nnnevermind..."

I once again take attention to the broken corner of her head and the tiny broken shards 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘵(as I'd guess) behind her. I turn back to her to ask. "Uhh, also, wwwhat's wrong with your head?" She soon replies "Uh, what, this?" She points her finger to the broken part of her head. "Yes, yes it's that! What happened? And also, are those the broken shards of your head behind you?" "Whuh?" She said, turning behind herself and very soon, seeing the shards. By her body language, I could easily tell that she got startled and was in some shock.

She talks again in a somewhat shaky voice. "T- ...t-that's m-my head?" "Yeah, uhm, parts of it." I say, slightly puzzled... yeah, I guess someone 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 be shocked to see parts of their own broken head. "Don't worry, it's not 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 bad." I say, scooting over to her and patting their back. "H-how will we get this fixed?" Hmm... I pause for a short second. "Sometime, how-time. But now definitely wouldn't be the time." I thought and said. "Maybe try so 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 we are able to get a medic-someone?" "...fine."

I again look next to the ruby, seeing the flashlight once again. I suspect it's the one that the ruby tried to turn on? Makes sense. "Oooh, what's this flashlight?" I say, scooting over a bit and grabbing it. "Oh, that thing? I've been trying to turn it on for minutes, but it's never working!" She said while I try to switch it on. Less than half a minute later, it turns on. "What?! How??" I pause for a quick moment. "Hm, welll, howww were you trying to turn it on?" "Well, uhm, when it was dark with lights off, I tried turning it on..." "𝘒𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵," I mumbled. "And I tried to turn it on by...tapping the very front of the flashlight multiple times." She says. "I even tried flicking the front with my finger, but it wouldn't work!" I became puzzled for a bit, but then chuckled.

"Whuh?" I heard her quietly say, in reaction to my chuckle. "Oh, silly you. You actually have to do this!" I show the flashlight to the ruby, then very simply, taps a button on the flashlight making it go on and off.

There was a moment of silence before the ruby yelled at me(but not loud enough for people that are outside the room to hear) "NOBODY TOLD ME THAT!" "...sad." I quickly felt her slap me. "OW! What was that for?!" "DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME!" "Okay okay, I wont! Just calm down for a moment!" She pauses for a few moments, calming down since I said 𝘢𝘯𝘥 let her do so.