4 • Through The Door

~~RUBY 2.0/the ruby's POV~~

I pull the doorknob, making me open the door. It wasn't locked. Well, why would it be anyway? In the bedroom, it had lights on, making us able to see but the room through the door had the lights off, being unable to see. "Flashlight, please?" I shout to Mirror Ruby who was behind me, hoping that they would turn on the flashlight in command.

Soon, I see the light of the flashlight appear, being pointed to the room through the door I just opened. We could see that the door lead to the living room, which was the usual layout of my house.

"Let's go in," Mirror Ruby says. Her being the one to hold the flashlight, goes through the door first, me following behind.

While we both walk, I walk quickly to her left side, wanting to follow next to her instead of behind her. While still walking, she grabs my wrist tightly, it hurts a bit but not too much, but I'd still talk about it.

"Errmm...can you let go of my wrist?" "What?! No! It's for safety reasons." "Right, but...you're holding it a bit too tight..." When she heard me say so, she slows down her walking and looks to her side, looking at her hand and my wrist. Seeming to notice, she loosens her grip a tiny bit. "Sorry, is this better?" It doesn't hurt that much anymore, so I say "Yeah."

I notice that we never even planned where we were gonna go, so I say "Wait, where are we even going?" "Erm...I don't know." Upon hearing this, I become confused and.. a bit shocked. "What!? You don't know?!"

Mirror Ruby doesn't say anything for a moment before stopping in her tracks. "𝘔𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘚𝘏𝘖𝘜𝘓𝘋 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘰..." I hear her mumble. "Well then, where should we go?" She says. We both pause and think for a while...

I get an idea.

"Oh, I have an idea!" I say, confidently. "Really? What is it?" I clear my throat before continuing. "Okay, sooo we should go to-" Before I could even say it, the flashlight turned off, startling me. Actually, startling us both. While also being a bit scared of the dark, I tell her to turn it back on. "Please turn the flashlight back on!" "𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘵, 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘧𝘧..." I hear her mumble. I then could hear her tapping the button on the flashlight, but it's NOT working...

"Are you even pressing it?! PLEASE TURN IT BACK ON! I'm scared..." "I'M TRYING!!" And as I could hear it, she's DEFINITELY trying... I hear the sound of her repeatedly tapping the button, but nothing's happening. "Uh- I- URGH give it here, let me try!" I say, impatiently. I put my hand out and feel the flashlight being put on my hand. I grab and hold onto it and try to turn it on by pressing the button she showed me, but IT. ISN'T. WORKING!! I feel like I'm having a panic attack...

In frustration, I stop repeatedly pressing the button and violently shake the flashlight. In response, the flashlight turned on, startling the both of us. "AH!" We both shout at the same time.

"Wha- shaking the flashlight WORKS?! Since when did you learn that??" "I DIDN'T! I JUST TRIED SO AND IT SUDDENLY WORKED!" After I said so, she pauses for a short while before talking again, "Alright, achievement unlocked, we now know that shaking works." I smile at that, but I don't think she saw it since it was dark and the flashlight wasn't pointed to my face.

"Well, so, uh, what's your idea on where we should go?" "𝘖𝘩, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵..." I mutter, pausing and thinking of what I was gonna say. "Ookay, sooo we shouuld goo toooo...." I say unconfidently, still trying to remember.

I am now in my mind, trying to find what I was gonna say... I could somewhat hear echos of her voice, "𝘙𝘶𝘣𝘺?" ... "𝘙𝘶𝘣𝘺!" But I just ignored it.