7 • A Problem Bedroom

Ruby busted through Pencil and Match's bedroom door.

Match had turned on a table lamp on her side of the bed earlier, brightening the room a little making people able to see. She saw and got startled by the sudden visit, especially since Ruby's running so fast.

"PENCIL, NO!!" "OMG, Ruby, like--calm down! What are you doing?!" "P- p-pencil..." "You already knew about Pencil dying, no? And also, you had already came in earlier! What's the like--fuss?" "W-what? I-" Ruby remembered that she got in here when she got controlled. "..oh..." But then, Match noticed that the corner of Ruby's head wasn't cracked.

"Wait- OH MY MATCH FACTORY- HOW IS YOUR HEAD FIXED??!" Ruby became confused. She wiped her tears, "..what?" "YOUR LIKE, H- H-HEAD!" Match pointed to her head, "How does something like THAT get fixed SO QUICKLY??" Ruby then remembered that she saw Ruby 2.0 come out of THIS room, so Match was most likely talking about her, and didn't know that there were 2 alive rubies at the area.

"Oh, erm... I'm not quite sure how to tell you this but..." Ruby quietly said, "There are...𝘵𝘸𝘰 rubies..?" She said, unsure if Match would understand. "What?! Like, TWO rubies? Did someone build like--what, a clone machine??"

"𝘠𝘦𝘴, she understands," Ruby mumbled. "Nope, no clone machine but uhh..." I think of a word to explain it, "...mirror." ".. Mirror?-" "Yes! Mirror, uhh... you know the reflection at the other side of the mirror? ..that's the clone. Or not clone, its--𝘶𝘶𝘳𝘨, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳." "...huh, how did 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 like, come out of the mirror?" "Oh, I....forgot. But I can get her here and ask her!" "Oh, okay."

So then, Ruby walked out of the bedroom to find Ruby 2.0. She realized that she doesn't have her flashlight with her right now, which would make her be unable to see through the dark through main room area. So instead of walking and finding, she walked and talked.

"Ruby~~?? You there~?" She called out, her voice slightly echoing throughout the room. She was slowly walking around, slow enough to avoid being bumped too hard on something she wouldn't be able to see in the dark.

Suddenly, a light appeared on a wall of the room and slowly made its way to Ruby's face. "Yeah?" She heard Ruby 2.0's voice call out, slightly echoing throughout the room as well.

The light then made its way to Ruby 2.0's face, exposing herself sitting on a sofa and that she was holding the flashlight, the small lifeless object that the light was from.

Upon showing her own face, she had her eyebrow raised and a smirk.

"Oh, um

"Oh, um..." Ruby paused, shortly thinking about what to say, "I simply just want you to follow me somewhere for a bit. Is that okay?" "Hmm..." Ruby 2.0 thought before saying, "Alright!"

She hopped off the sofa and walked towards Ruby, following her to the direction she's going.

"𝘉𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘤𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦..." Ruby murmured with a small smile. "HEY!" ...

Ruby 2.0 followed Ruby back to Match and Pencil's bedroom. "I've already been here..." "Yeeaaah, but it's just that someone wants you." "𝘔𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩?" Ruby 2.0 mumbled, guessing that Match wants to talk to her.

~~RUBY POV~~

Me and Ruby 2.0 walks towards the bedroom door. I left the door open, so we just walk through the doorframe.

"Baaaacck~~!" I call out while walking in to the room, in a sing-song voice.

"Oh, you're back? From doing what?" Match says. "Haha, you know it." I reply, joking around a bit.

"So, here's the--uhh... R-u-b-y 2.0...'clone'." I look beside me, seeing Ruby 2.0 wave at Match while smiling. "Heyy~! Nice to see you again!" I also notice that she's turned off the flashlight, likely because the table lamp in THIS room is on and that it's enough light to see.

"Mmhm, and I believe..." Match paused before continuing, "..reflection?" She says unconfidently. "Yes! Ruby 2.0, Match meant to ask you something. And that isss....." I point at Match, waiting for her to say her question.

"Rrrrright~! U-uhhhh....." She says, VERY uncertainly. Did she really forget her question? And also, something with her talking just... 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 seem right for some reason. Didn't she like... say 'like' and 'O.M.G' all the time?-

"What's over there?"

Match suddenly said, while pointing her finger to another corner of the room. Me and Ruby 2.0 quickly turned and looked to that direction, "What?"

I see...nothing---nothing special. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵? 𝘐- Suddenly, I hear a thud right beside me.

"M-Match?!" I hear Ruby 2.0 say..

~~‽?̶̡͎̪̼̜̈́́̃͐́? POV~~

I slowly open my eyes.

𝘞𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘰, 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦. I stretch out my hands, 𝘈𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺. 𝘞𝘰𝘰, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘺.. I think to myself.

I blink twice. "𝘖𝘬𝘢𝘺, 𝘯𝘰𝘸...𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯..???" I mumble, "𝘔𝘦𝘩, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳. 𝘕𝘰𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘢𝘺--"

"Baaaacck~~!"

I hear the voice of the ruby. Oh world, are they here already??!

"Oh, you're back? From doing what?" I say. Oh wait no, WHY DID I SAY THAT??!! Ugh, why can't my mouth let my stupid brain process first!!- "Haha, you know it." ..She says. Maybe that mistake wouldn't be as bad as I thought?

"So, here's the--uhh... R-u-b-y 2.0...'clone'." Noticing now, I see a...SECOND ruby next to her, only difference of their bodies being the second one's cracked head. It happily waved at me. "Heyy~! Nice to see you again!"

"Mmhm, and I believe..." 𝘜𝘨𝘩 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯?.. "..reflection?" I say uncertainly. "Yes! Ruby 2.0, Match meant to ask you something. And that isss....." "Rrrrright~! U-uhhhh....." 𝘖𝘩 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘐 𝘴𝘢𝘺... I feel like I'm sweating right now.

After some thinking... this could be my best option.

"What's over there?" I say, pointing to a random corner of the room. "What?' I hear them both say, turning around to look. This is my chance...

I charge at the ruby with the broken head, letting my eyes turn red.

_______ finally finished (this part)

_______
finally finished (this part)