5 • Not In Control

𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘯𝘶𝘮𝘣, 𝘐 𝘍𝘌𝘌𝘓 𝘏𝘌𝘊𝘒𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘕𝘜𝘔𝘉, 𝘐𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘎𝘌𝘔𝘔𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘉𝘖𝘋𝘠 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘛𝘖 𝘔𝘠 𝘉𝘙𝘈𝘐𝘕 𝘈𝘕𝘠𝘔𝘖𝘙𝘌??!!! 𝘎𝘖𝘚𝘏 𝘯𝘰! 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦 𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘙 𝘖𝘕𝘊𝘌-- 𝘖𝘩 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘦... 𝘶𝘶𝘶𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳, 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩, 𝘰𝘳 𝘕𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘙 𝘈𝘎𝘈𝘐𝘕!!---..𝘐 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨... 𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘳𝘨𝘩 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘸.... She said and thought, in her mind. She really feels like she's going insane.

"Well then, let's go!" Ruby 2.0 said, completely oblivious to what happened to Ruby.

Both of them walk together, Ruby's body pointing the flashlight towards the house front door. Once they were right infront of it,

*𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬*

Ruby unlocks the door, leading them both outside before locking the- "Hey Ruby, aren't you gonna lock the door? You have the keys, and this 𝘪𝘴 your world..." Ruby 2.0 said. "Oh, well, why lock it? It'll waste our time, and this is just a nightmare. What's the point in doing so?" "....you're right! Let's go!" 𝘏𝘶𝘩? 𝘐... 𝘋𝘖𝘕'𝘛 𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵...𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘐𝘚 𝘢 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘦, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘉𝘈𝘋 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘰!! 𝘜𝘨𝘩! Ruby's mind thought.

Ruby's body and Ruby 2.0 walked together in the dark night, while Ruby pointed the flashlight to the direction they're going.

They very soon arrive at Match and Pencil's house.

𝘖𝘩 𝘨𝘰𝘴𝘩, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘮 𝘐 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘥𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘔𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘗𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘭... Ruby's mind thought.

"Oh, and it's...night time. What do we do? Do we just, knock on the door-"

*𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘦𝘢𝘬*

Ruby held their hand onto the doorknob, and simply slid the door open.

"Wh- how did you d-" "Pencil nor Match doesn't lock their doors, haha

"Wh- how did you d-" "Pencil nor Match doesn't lock their doors, haha. We don't need permission." Ruby's body said. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵?! 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘋𝘌𝘍𝘐𝘕𝘐𝘛𝘌𝘓𝘠 𝘥𝘰. 𝘐 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘖𝘗𝘌𝘕 𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘐𝘙 𝘓𝘖𝘊𝘒𝘌𝘋 𝘋𝘖𝘖𝘙 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦. 𝘐 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘔𝘠𝘚𝘌𝘓𝘍! Ruby's mind thought, thinking that her body is somehow able to unlock doors effortlessly.

They both soon walk in, slightly bended down while tip-toeing.

Ruby was still pointing the flashlight to where they're going, and also where they wanted to look at. "Beautiful house, huh?" Ruby said. "Yeah, but we've seen it a bunch of times before, haven't we?" "Right..."

They continued tip-toeing before standing riiight infront of Pencil and Match's bedroom door.

"Uh, are you sure about this?" "Of course!! This is just a dream, nothing to be afraid of!" 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢-

*𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘦𝘢𝘬*

𝘈𝘢𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬, 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯. 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘗𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘭 𝘰𝘳 𝘔𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩....𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵, 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵? Ruby's mind thought.

They both slowly go in, no sound being heard at all except for the ceiling fan's wind blowing. Ruby, slowly and cautiously, points the flashlight to the bed, seeing...Pencil and Match sound asleep. Whew.

Ruby 2.0 goes up to Ruby's side and whispers, "Wait, aren't we supposed to wake them up? Why are we so cautious all of a sudden?" 𝘖𝘩, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵... 𝘞𝘏𝘠 𝘢𝘮 𝘐 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸? "We're talking about Pencil, not Match." "Yeaaah, but what's wrong with waking up the both of them? What's wrong with Match?" "We'll disturb her from her slumber. Plus, we shouldn't ask Match, she's dumb, unlike Pencil." ... 𝘋𝘪𝘥 𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵? 𝘖𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘴𝘩, 𝘸𝘩𝘰'𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦...

~~RUBY 2.0'S POV~~

Mirror Ruby unlocks the front door before we both walk outside. I stand there, outside, next to her, waiting for her to lock the door back up, but she's just...standing.. there. "Hey Ruby, aren't you gonna lock the door? You have the keys, and this 𝘪𝘴 your world..." I ask her. "Oh, well, why lock it? It'll waste our time, and this is just a nightmare. What's the point in doing so?" "....you're right! Let's go!" I say, I'm pretty sure she has a point.

We both walk together in the cold, very dark night, her pointing the flashlight to where we're going. Soon, we arrive to the front door of Match and Pencil's house.

I notice that it's night time, and if we wake them up, we'd disturb their slumber. So I ask, "Oh, and it's...night time. What do we do? Do we just, knock on the door-"

*𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘦𝘢𝘬*

Mirror Ruby just simply... held on to the doorknob and...slid the door open? I become very confused.

"Wh- how did you d-" "Pencil nor Match doesn't lock their doors, haha. We don't need permission." She says... is she serious? I remember a memory where I wanted to ask them a question, but they were too sleepy to open it...or maybe was that just the memory of a dream?

But still though... I ask, "But isn't that considered trespassing?" "Pshh, whatever. This is just a dream, not like they'd actually mind." As they said that, I get a bit suspicious of maybe something happening to her? This is NOT Mirror Ruby's normal behavior.

We both walk in together, bending down a bit while tip-toeing.

Mirror Ruby is still pointing the flashlight to where we're going, while also pointing it to wherever she wants to look at. "Beautiful house, huh?" She says. "Yeah, but we've seen it a bunch of times before, haven't we?" "Right..." She really is acting weird, I'm getting a bit worried...

We continued tip-toeing before standing riiight infront of Match and Pencil's bedroom door.

"Uh, are you sure about this?" "Of course!! This is just a dream, nothing to be afraid of!" She keeps calling it more of a dream instead of a nightmare now for some rea-

*𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘦𝘢𝘬*

...not a fan of the door sounds.

We both slowly go in, no sound being heard at all except for the room's ceiling fan wind blowing. Mirror Ruby, slightly shaky and cautiously, points the flashlight to the bed, seeing...Pencil and Match sound asleep.

But wait, she said to wake them up and tell them all about this, no? Why so cautious? So I go up to her side and whisper, "Wait, aren't we supposed to wake them up? Why are we so cautious all of a sudden?" "We're talking about Pencil, not Match." "Yeaaah, but what's wrong with waking up the both of them? What's wrong with Match?" "We'll disturb her from her slumber. Plus, we shouldn't ask Match, she's dumb, unlike Pencil."

That's when I got REALLY suspicious of her... but I didn't want to say it out loud just yet.

_______