Chapter 3

A wave of tiredness was washed over me. I could see the sun peeking in through the blinds but my mind kept saying wait for the alarm.

I turn to my side and seconds later I feel a pillow land on my back. An unpleasing groan escapes my lips and I turn back around, "What?!"

"Turn that stupid thing off, it's been going on for over an hour!" Jen's morning voice speaks.

"An hour?" I repeat skeptically grabbing my phone. Surely, it had been an hour. The clock displayed seven thirty two causing me to panic. I throw the sheets off myself and run over to my closet. I grab whatever comes in hand making my way over to the bathroom.

Quickly, I change into a blue polka-dotted romper, and tie my hair up into a messy pony tail. I apply a little bit of blush just to highlight my cheekbones. After I get out of the bathroom, I'm welcomed with the most nauseating smell of vomit and raw eggs. Just great.

My eyes land on Jen who was passed out on her bed in a dress. Someone got a little too drunk last night.

Walking over to my closet, I quickly put on a gold necklace, a gold bracelet, and a blue rhinestone ring to match my outfit. Since I didn't apply any eyeliner or mascara, like I usually do, I put on a pair of sunglasses to hide my bare eyes. I check my phone which displayed seven fifty three.

On the way out, I grab my brown side bag. The hallways were almost all empty allowing me to to reach my class on time. The bell rings the second I take my first step in class and I visibly relax as my shoulder slump down.

Considering there were only two seats left, I walk over to them at the very top of class. As I take my seat, I could feel my cheeks heat up because I was the last one to come into class, and all the eyes were on me. Being the new student was already bad enough, but now I was also gaining more attention for being late. Not forgetting to mention, that I'm also wearing sunglasses inside. I probably being judged so hard right now.

Ignoring the slight glances I got from students now and then, I reach into my bag and grab my pack of gum. I chew on one hoping it'll help my morning breath.

"Good morning class, I'm Professor James Henderson," the professor starts. He didn't look that old, but did have some noticeable white hair even from where I sat. He was wearing a red plaid shirt which was tucked into his beige coloured pants. His outfit was then completed with a black leather watch, brown leather shoes, and a brown leather belt.

"Now please, before I start todays lesson, let me start by clearly stating" - he takes a pause for effect-," that if you are not willing to show up to class, not willing to turn in your homework before, or on the due date, and not willing to pay attention during class, you may leave now."

All the students turn their heads, their eyes curious to see who was brave enough to actually take his offer. Silence was the only thing that echoed in my ears until the door opens and Heath walks in," I'm here!"

"Ah, Mr. Levers, I was wondering where you were. I hope you have a good explanation as to why you were late. Wouldn't want to be pulled off the basketball team before the season even starts, now would you?"

The prof must really hate Heath to know him by his name. I'm sure he did something to the prof and now the prof is trying to put Heath's basketball career on the line.

"Now James," Heath starts confidently. "I, unlike you actually have a life."

"Oh really? Now, may I know what your life had in store for you last night that made you come to class late?"

"Unlike you I wasn't watching Netflix and crying over my ex girlfriend. I actually got laid," he smirks as he walks past a stunned teacher.

"Hey, there Princess," Heath says wiggling his eyebrows as he annoyingly takes the seat next to me. With all my force, I bite down on my tongue and turn my attention to the front. It's the first day of class and I was not going to let Heath ruin it for me.