Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Nessa's performance was exceptional, everyone was awed and some were even brought to their tears. Then there was Lucas, his complicated emotions played on his face; regret, guilt, and amazement. I kept my mouth shut the whole time.

When the realization of Lucas' scheme hit me like a bitch slap in the face, I couldn't think of a thing to say. It was as if I looked at Medusa in the eye which in result turned me into stone. And I bet Medusa doesn't just stone the outer body, she freaking turns your heart like a rock too. So that was what I felt at the moment, like the lone Statue of Liberty-hard and cold.

Fortunately Prince Jarvis took my mind off for a while. He went on stage without a shirt on, revealing some of his enticing tattoos, then carelessly he pulled the mike from its stand, making the stand fall with a big clank. The judges didn't look impressed. But he ignored them, still smiling like a creep, he put the mike near his mouth.

"I have a bomb that will blow in a minute," he said, then revealed a small, shining, silver ball in his hand.

The judges stood up, the participants gasped, while I just stared, my mind already thinking of ways to leave the room.

"45. .42," Jarvis began the countdown, while everyone looked at each other with a panicked look. "25. .Haha," Jarvis laughed, enjoying skipping the numbers, "9. . 2. .1. .Beep! Beep!"

Someone screamed, and I stood still, wide-eyed. Beside me, Lucas seemed unfazed.

Then the most beautiful thing happened. As Jarvis threw the bomb in the air, it burst midair, revealing millions of small pieces of glitters and some confetti. While the decorations rained on him, he took two sticks from behind his back which ends burst into flames. Like an expert he twirled the sticks which were blazing hot around, throwing them in the air while doing some back flips, cartwheels and three sixties.

The audience and judges couldn't take their eyes off him, hell, I didn't even want to blink my eyes. It was that amazing. After his performance he kicked the stand of the mike, caught it and put the mike back. Everyone clapped, some whistled, girls swooned.

"Thanks." He smirked and turned his back to leave.

"Jarvis finally took our advice," Lucas chuckled but I ignored him. Yeah, I'm being mean, I know.

I felt nervous and jittery because the next performer would be Ria. She told me before that she had failed to pass this challenge because she wasn't able to impress the judges. I was worried but then realized I didn't have to.

Ria, with her usual bored expression stopped walking when she reached the mike. She was dressed in black skinny jeans and a long light blue, long sleeve, polo shirt. A white apron tied tightly around her thin waist, making her outfit look cool.

"Hello, my talent is painting. Give me five minutes tops to paint this room and its people," she said as two men brought in cans of paints, rolled a medium-sized carpet on the floor, settled the big canvass on its stand, then gave her a palette and different sizes of brushes.

The two men haven't even left yet, Ria already started painting, her first action: throwing a can of paint on the canvass. Classy.

No wonder there was a carpet, it was there to make sure the paint didn't go on the marble tiled floor. Afterwards, Ria would occasionally dip her paintbrush in paint and make big and small strokes, sometimes pour some paint again on the canvass.

Everyone was curious to see the painting, seeing how Ria seemed to be just carelessly throwing some paint on the canvass, but we were all mistaken.