Chapter 27

Aren't I just awesome for updating really fast? You're welcome. ;)

*****
Chapter 27

"I would like to congratulate everyone who has gathered here, for without your exceptional manners and behaviour, this formal party would have not been a success. Let's give a round of applause for ourselves, for you have all. . .passed," Mr. Thomas announced.

A big smile appeared on each and everyone's faces. We clapped our hands gleefully.

"Now let's talk about your next challenge," Mr. Thomas said grimly and rolled a long scroll that touched the ground. "Every prince and princess should know how to host a party therefore it has been decided that your fourth challenge would be organizing your own formal party. There'll be eight of you in one group and each group will be assigned in one of the big rooms. You will be given two weeks and we expect the best from all of you so don't disappoint us. Details of the challenge will be arriving shortly in your rooms. Thank you and good luck your majesties," he finished and bowed his head down.

Everyone clapped, the room becoming alive again from the chattering of each individual. I scanned the room, looking for the mysterious guy who had kissed me but he was gone. In the process of looking for him though I noticed a man wearing a cape and a silver mask. Women flocked over him as he tried to get away. He saw me and flipped his finger for me to come. I gasped at the way his finger twirled and turned his back, his cape swiveling in the process. Only one man does it that way.

Dad.

I quickly ran and followed him. He had gone out of the room and I worried that I wouldn't be able to catch up to him because of my damn heels. I took it off, lifting up my dress and continued pursuing him barefooted. I saw a part of his cape fluttering by the corner and didn't hesitate on running that way.

Just as I turned by the corner I was instantly pulled in a bear hug, his arms warm and familiar. "Clarissa, sweetheart," he sighed, taking off his mask.

"Dad. . .dad," I chanted as tears spilled from my eyes.

His eyes softened as he took off my mask and began to wipe my tears.

"Don't cry sweety, I'm here," he cooed and embraced me again, "You're so beautiful like your mother."

We stayed like that, in each other's arms for what seemed like eons.

"Promise you won't give me a scare like that again. I thought you died." I pouted.

"Sorry about that, it won't happen again, I promise," he chuckled.

"What happened?"

"I'm not so sure myself. It seemed like a machine suddenly exploded which started the fire, making it look like an accident but I doubt it," he said in a low voice, "Someone wants me dead and you too. So I want you to be more careful."

"Okay." I nodded.

He sighed as he looked at me from top to bottom. "I can't believe how much you've grown. You'll be an adult soon and that's weird, you'll always be a baby to me."

"Dad, shut up." I smiled.

"Right, before I forget, you're going to be eighteen next month. I want to give this to you in advance." He handed me a box. "Promise me you'll wear it on your birthday."

I opened the small dark blue box and smiled widely. It was a beautiful necklace with a golden chain and a blue pendant. For some reason it looked familiar, it struck a sentimental part of me and I felt sadness, longing, and love.

"Thanks dad, I really like it," I said excitedly, "No I love it."

"I'm glad you like it. But then if you didn't I'll just have to con you into liking it." He smirked.

"Dad, don't tell me you stole this," I interrogated him.

He gasped. "I can't believe you're doubting me after all the things that we've been through." He touched his heart with his palm with an offended look. "I've changed my ways Clarissa ever since you were born."

"I'm just joking dad. You on the other hand were a little too defensive," I chuckled.

He laughed. "I missed you munchkin." He messed up my hair like how he always did. "As much as I would love to stay and chat with you, I have to go before someone finds me."

"Go dad, I don't want anything bad to happen to you," I said worriedly.

He pressed a finger at my knitted forehead to relieve it. "Don't worry too much, you'll look old. Have some faith in me," he said and kissed my forehead.

I closed my eyes and just as I felt his warmth disappear I opened my eyes to see that he had gone.

I hope he gets home safely, I prayed.

But then knowing my dad, I know he would get by.

I smiled, remembering the mysterious guy who had kissed me. Clutching my dad's gift by my side, I excitedly walked my way to Gavier's room.

He was lying on the bed when I arrived, reading a book which title disturbed me. Fifty Shades of Grey. Isn't that an erotic book?

He glanced up and smiled at me, his eyes dilated. Please don't tell me he had been fantisizing about me. Pervert.

"Missing me Clarissa?"

"Not really," I said in a sing-song, "Why would I when we just saw each other in the dance earlier?"

He stood up and walked towards me, his eyes darkening. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh? If it isn't you then I better ask around who gave me a kiss which made me fly to heaven earlier." I played dumb.

He trapped me against the wall, resting an arm above my head. "Was he a good kisser?" He asked, tilting my chin up.

"Perfect."

"Did you like it?" He cupped my cheek and I closed my eyes.

"Loved it."

"Then let's do it again."

I wrapped my arms around his neck but stopped him before he could kiss me.

"Say it again."

"What?"

"What you said in the dance earlier."

"Nope." He smirked and proceeded to kiss me anyway.

He really can't be honest, this guy.

Booyeah! Can't believe I wrote another update for you guys. Thanks for rocking my world! I might update again later or tomorrow so keep your heads up.

Please check out my new book! "My Devil Guardian" Pretty please. Thanks pips. ♥♥♥