Chapter 4: What are you

Hey guys. :) how are you liking the book so far? And sorry I still can't read your guys comments :( but feel free to message me :) and I'm doing a following spree on twitter. So find me :) @possibilites2

----------

Avery

I carefully moved off of the bed so I wouldn't wake Lilly up and explored the room. I walked up to a door and opened it to find a giant walk-in closet filled with men's clothes.

I grabbed a shirt and sniffed to see whose room I am in. "Jake...." I muttered to myself. Of freaking course. Why wouldn't it be his room?

I closed the door and turned around to see two sets of clothes and a note.

I walked over to the note and picked it up.

Avery and Lilly

I have found some clothes for you to wear for today. And maybe some time we can go clothes shopping for you both. But for right now I set you out some of my clothes for a shower.

I had to leave for something but David and Liam are downstairs to keep an eye on you too. I will be back around lunch to check up on you guys.

Jake

Great. We have freaking babysitters. Just what I need.

I grabbed the clothes and headed to the shower. I stripped down and looked in the mirror. I caught a glimpse of my tattoo. Oh did I mention that Earl was also a tattoo artist? Well he is one and he got me one for free. He's also Susie's husband and they are both great friends of my moms.

My tattoo is of the Alzheimer's sign with really pretty cursive saying 'Grandma' and also the date she was born to the date she died. (I actually want to get this in real life for my grandma.)

My grandma passed away in January from Alzheimer's. She was on my mom's side and it was devastating on us. She was my best friend, well along with my mom and Lilly. But she was always there for me whenever I didn't have anyone.

Oh no.....Earl! I didn't go to work last night. Shit! I groaned and stepped into the shower. What if I get fired?! I won't have enough money to pay the medical bills. And I have my shift at the library at noon, and I'm suppose to see my mom this morning.

A tear slipped out at the mention of my mom. She's getting worse, you can see it. But she hasn't lost that little sparkle of happiness and life in her eyes. I sighed and tried to focus on something else.

After awhile because I lost count of how long I was in there, I stepped out.

"Avery?" Lilly's small voice asked.

"I'm in here." I said. She knocked on the door before entering. "You're turn for a shower."

She nodded and I got out so she could get ready.

I laid on the bed for about 10 minutes and heard the shower turn off. A couple minutes later, Lilly emerged from the bathroom and her stomach growled. "Hungry?" I asked her. She nodded with a smile and we walked down stairs.

We finally made it to the kitchen. This house is huge. Who has a house this big?

"Stay close to my side. I don't know who all is here except for David and Liam." I told her sternly.

"Don't have to tell me twice." She laughed. I'm glad she isn't too traumatized about being kidnapped.

"Good morning." David smiled as we stepped foot in the kitchen.

"Hi." Lilly and I both answered shortly.

I looked at Liam and he frowned at me. "Well good morning to you too Mr. Sunshine." I teased.