Chapter 9: Was that a werewolf

Avery

"Lilly. Let's go." I demanded walking over to the window and opening it.

"But Avery. Every time we get out, they always find us." She said following me.

"Well not this time. They are all downstairs and they won't even know we are gone."

"Okay." She said. She hopped on my back and I stuck my head out the window and looked around.

"So it looks like there is no one here." I said lowering myself. I held onto the frame and dropped down. "Hold on tight."

Lilly let out a little squeal and started laughing when I hit the ground. "That was fun. Let's do it again!"

I laughed at her. "Maybe later when we get to our house."

"Ya. I don't think so." I heard a deep and furious voice behind me.

I cringed not daring to turn around. "Oh. Hey Jake." Lilly said nervously.

"Hi Lilly." He said sweetly. Ya, he's gonna be sweet to her then he's gonna be an asshole to me.

"Hey Jake." I said turning around.

"Hey Avery." He said in a calm voice.

What. The. Hell.

I waited a few moments for the explosion, but it never came. I looked up at him with questioning eyes.

"Please come back inside." Jake said before he, David, and Liam turned around and walked to the house. I looked to my left and saw the forest just calling my name to make a mad dash for it. "Don't even try it. You won't get very far." Jake told me over his shoulder.

I sighed and reluctantly followed them to the house. "How did they know?" Lilly whispered.

"I have no idea. I'm starting to think they are mutants or something." I whispered back.

"We aren't mutants." David laughed.

How did he hear that. "How did you hear that?"

David almost tripped when I asked him that question, but tried to play it off like it never happened. "You said it out loud."

No I didn't....but whatever.

We made it too the house and Jake told me to sit on the couch while he went to the kitchen.

He came back into the living room with a bottle of water for everyone.

"So, can you please tell me why you tried to runaway this time?" He asked calmly.

Why is he being so calm? "Uhh, I want to get out of here?" I said unsure of what to say.

"Why?"

"I got kidnapped by you guys and I want to go home to my mom."

"What about your dad?" Liam asked.

I gave him a hard glare. "Don't know and don't care."

He flinched at my tone and David gave me a funny look. "How come?"

"That bast-I mean jerk, left before Lilly was born. I don't want too see him or talk about him. So can we please drop the topic?" I asked taking a sip of my water. I had to stop myself from cussing because Lilly is here.

I never really understood why she was always so touchy about people cussing, but she has always hated it.

"Okay. So can you please tell us about yourself?" Jake asked.

I sighed but nodded. "Umm I'm 18, I live with Lilly and my mom, my full name is Avery Lynn Williams. That's pretty much it. Oh and I have a tattoo."