43

The bed squeaks when I fall down next to Harry. Our breathes fill the air and I laugh.

"I can't believe we waited so long to do this." I breathe out, turning my head to look at him. He smirks at me, shifting to kiss me. "I should get home before my dad has a panic attack."

"Just lay with me for a few more minutes." he begs, wrapping his arms around me.

"Harry, you said the same thing just ten minutes ago and we did more then just lie here." I laugh out, sitting up. "I need to get home and rest because this weekend will be nothing but packing then game day tomorrow."

He sighs, letting me pull my clothes on. "You're right, I need you to be your best tomorrow."

I stand up, jumping to pull my jeans up. "We might actually make it to playoffs." I say excitingly.

"Not might, we will." he says confidently, leaning against the headboard. "I have confidence in you girls, especially you because you've come a long way by coming out of your shell."

"Someone kind of forced me to." I say, chuckling a bit.

"Oh really? Do I know them?" he jokes.

"Yes, he's this tall and kind of cute with gorgeous green eyes." I scrunch my nose with a smug smile.

"Kind of cute?" Harry says, looking offended.

I nod, laughing at his reaction. He reaches for me and gently grabs my wrist to pull me on top of him. I straddle his lap and he kisses me.

"Okay, seriously." I sigh, crawling off his lap. "I need to go."

Harry groans. "I'm getting up."

-

The game was coming to a tie and we were on the losing side. Harry was getting frustrated with his hand under his chin as he watched us play. He finally calls a time out and we huddle up to him.

"What the hell is going on?" he snaps. "We've been preparing for this and you girls are playing as if it's your first time."

"Maybe it's all nerves," I speak up. "This is one of the games that could put us through to playoffs."

"Well, I need you girls to get your head in the game. No winning means no playoffs."

"We know, coach." Leslie pats his arm. "But I honestly think it's because you've been distracted lately." she says, glancing between the both of us.

"Leslie, you're out of the game." he says sternly, not looking at her once.

"What?" she gasps. "For what?"

"Coach, that's not necessary." I try helping, but he glares at me. "We're going to need her if-"

"Would you like to join her?" he suggests and I shake my head. "Abby, you're in." he orders and dismisses us back onto the court.

I stand in my position, glancing over at the sidelines. Leslie was arguing with Harry until she storms off. He makes eye contact with me before going after her. Coach Payne quickly steps in and took over.

The second half of the game was almost over and when I look over, I notice Harry and Leslie weren't back yet. I shake my head, wondering what they could be talking about. Leslie does argue until she gets her way, but Harry wouldn't take her stubbornness for this long.

"Rylee, coming at you!" someone shouts and I put my attention back on the game.

The ball flies right at me and hits me square in the face. I felt the pain a few moments after covering my face. I bend over, feeling something slide down my lips. The whistle sounds and Coach Payne rushes up to me. He presses a towel up to my nose and leads me off the court. He replaces me with Kourtney and brings me out into the hall with a nurse from the opponent school by our side.

"Harry," Coach Payne calls for him.

I look down to see him lowered to Leslie's level who was sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall. His hands were on her knees and she was crying. He immediately stands up and races over to me.

"What happened?" he asks, turning my head with his finger to examine my face.

"She stopped the ball with her face." the nurse speaks for me.

"Uh okay, Liam take Leslie back and do you know how bad it is?" Harry asks the nurse and she leads us to a small clinic room down the hall. "Rylee, how'd this happen?" he questions.

The nurse removes the towel from my bleeding nose and examines it. "I-I got distracted."

"She was very distracted because I saw that ball fly at her in slow motion and I was already getting ready to stand up." the nurse jokes and I laugh with her. "But it doesn't look like it's broken just a bloody nose." she tells us. "We can clean it up and ice it."

The nurse gets a new towel and an ice pack. Harry steps in, allowing her to go back to the game. He holds the towel to my nose, letting it run until it stopped.

"What were you distracted by?" he asks.

"It's nothing." I shrug.

"Rylee, you need to tell me the truth. Otherwise, I'll just believe you and this will probably happen again." he says, looking me in the eyes. "Will you be honest?"

I sigh, holding the towel myself. "Fine, I was just wondering what was taking you so long with Leslie." I tell him. "Then I come out to see you just there with her."

"You can't be serious." he scoffs. "You actually believe there's something going on between me and Leslie?"

"I honestly don't know." I say, shrugging.

"Okay, I knew you had trust issues with me, but after everything that it took to get where we are now, you think I would actually do that to you?" he say, looking upset. "What do you need me to do for you to know that you are all I want right now and you're the one I love."

"Yeah, right now." I look down. "What are you going to do when I move? I won't be the one you want then."

Harry inhales deeply, setting the ice pack in my hands. "Rylee, I don't have time to argue about this right now. I should be out there coaching my team."

"You sure had time for Leslie." I fire at him.

He just waves his hands, shaking his head. "Just put the ice pack on your nose and get back out there." he says, leaving me alone in the room.