62

I lied in Harry's hotel bed, completely naked

I lied in Harry's hotel bed, completely naked. The blanket covered me as I fiddle with my fingers, waiting for him to come back from the bathroom. He appears from the small hall with his briefs hanging low. He falls forward and rests his head on my chest and I run my fingers through his hair, staring up at the ceiling.

"I just can't believe Georgie would ruin such a great moment." Harry's voice was raspy. He moves so he was able to look at me. "It just doesn't seem like her."

I scoff, putting my hand over my eyes. "You barely knew her Harry." a laugh forces out. "Her own family doesn't even know her."

"I know how you feel."

"Do you?" I sit up to lean against the headboard. "Why would you put anyone through this feeling of hurt and confusion?"

"What?"

"Caroline," I remind him. "You served her with divorce papers and if you know how it feels then why would you do it to someone? Did you at least warn her?"

"No, but–" he pauses. "I know how it feels because my parents divorced when I was a child. I didn't quite understand because I was so young, but as I grew older it was hard." he tells me, grabbing my hands. "I feel bad for dropping a bomb on Caroline. It was better for her than to figure out I was unfaithful again after so many therapy sessions and late nights trying to figure out the problem."

I sigh, closing my eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm just so upset and I needed to take it out on someone."

"You're fine," he chuckles, leaning forward to kiss my cheek. "You've been holding it in for me. You didn't want to ruin the night."

I caress his cheek and smile. He falls to my side then wraps his arms around me. I get comfortable, tucking myself closer to him.

-

"It's going to be a long drive home, so please no arguments on the bus." Harry says before we got on the bus. "I will be sleeping. If there are any questions, coach Payne will be able to answer you."

"Why so tired coach?" Leslie steps up. "Did Eversteen keep you up?"

Harry's eyes widen and he glances at me. I become tense because this was it. Volleyball season is officially over and Harry doesn't have anything to keep her mouth shut.

"Leslie, what are you talking about?" Monique rolls her eyes.

"Well, you told us about Rylee's dad. You're close to Rylee's dad, aren't you?" Leslie shrugs and a rush of relief washes over me. "Did he come like he did the other night to talk to you? I remember when my aunt got a divorce and she kept my mom up all night."

"This is something private and has nothing to do with you." Harry says, stepping back. "Now when you get on the bus, sit with your roommates and you can move if you want after we count."