65

It was another early morning for me

It was another early morning for me. Alec dropped me off before work and the only place I knew I could go to was the gym. I sat in the bleachers, watching to boys basketball team. I tried getting ahold of Monique, but she was probably asleep still. I was feeling awkward just sitting alone, so I left to get the paperwork I needed. There was a light shining from under Harry's door as I passed by. I stop then quickly continued my path again before my urge to burst in took over.

I got everything I needed from office and I still had a lot of time left. I fill the form out the made my way back to the gym. I pace in front of Harry's office, trying to find my courage to enter. The boys from the basketball team start to come through the hall, so I'm guessing they're done. I knock on his door then pushed it open. He was sitting on the couch and his head shoots up. I stay by the door, glancing back at the rowdy boys passing by.

"Rylee?" he sits up straight. "You're- you're here early."

"Yeah," I nod, holding on to the door handle. "Alec had to drop me off."

"Right," he says lowly then moves. He sets his notebook aside to stand up. "Rylee, I- Caroline didn't-"

"I'm not here for that." I interrupt then back away when he steps closer. "I just need you to sign this." I say, holding out the form to him.

"What is it?" he takes it from me then reads it.

"It's a schedule change." I tell him.

"No Rylee," he shakes his head. "You don't need to switch classes."

"But I want to." I say, shaking my leg impatiently. "Just give it to me later, okay." I walk away and he calls for me, but I already made my way down the hall and exited.

"Finish your work now and you won't have homework." Harry says, passing out a worksheet. Then he goes back to his desk. "Also, it's nice to see all of you again." he smiles at the class.

"Yeah, where were you last week?" someone asks. "The substitute was really annoying."

Harry chuckles. "I was dealing with some business, but what matter is that I'm here now and I have plenty of work to give now that volleyball season is over."

The class complains and Harry just laughs at their reaction. I couldn't stop staring at him. Seeing that smile of his reminded me of everything before this all happened. His eyes connect with mine and the smile disappears. I try looking away, but it was hard when he wouldn't stop gazing at me.

I put my focus on the work, getting through it. The bell rings and everyone quickly exits. I waited until I was the last person. I walked up to his desk, handing him my worksheet. Then he pulls a paper out of his folder.

"You didn't sign it." I point out, trying to give it back.

"And I won't." he shrugs, leaning back in his chair. "You don't need to switch classes. You won't do well in Mrs. White's class anyway."