Chapter 3

Kara and Arden arrived at the fortress of sanctuary.

"Okay," Arden began. "They don't know I have changed sides, so we have to keep you out of sight for this to work."

"I can just fly up and stay high so they can't see me."

"Um, yeah okay, you do that"

Kara flew up and became out of sight.

"Reign, how nice of you to join us. Did you kill Supergirl?" The Tenebris leader demanded.

"I did, I flew her into the sun." Arden answered trying not blow her cover.

"I asked you to use the kryptonite that i gave you!" The Tenebris leader boomed.

"It was weakening me and i feel that she might have beaten me if i was weak, so i used the remainder of my power and I flew her into the sun. I got close enough to charge my powers back up, but she didn't survive." Arden finished.

"How do you know she didn't survive?" The leader asked.

"I used my x-ray vision and I saw her body go up in flames." Arden was hoping that her lies would go unnoticed.

"We don't have any proof of death, therefore i cannot give you your mother back. I'm sorry my child." the leader got up and started to walk away.

"Wait! There is never going to be any proof of death, so does that mean i am never going to get my mother back?" Arden demanded.

"I am afraid so, I will let you visit her this one time" the leader said.

"Okay, i guess that is okay." Arden said.

Arden lifted her head up and turned to face Kara who was floating above her. She gave her the indication to follow them. She did.

"May i know your name, Tenebris Leader? I have done everything you have asked of me." Arden asked.

"Very well, my name is Amara Zor-El. I am one of your mothers sisters. Well Astra died, so that makes me her only sister" Amara said.

They arrived at the holding cells.

"Here we are." Amara pointed to one cell.

Kara and Arden were shocked, their mother was inside. However, she was different. She looked beaten and fragile, not how Kara had last saw her, strong and powerful.

"Alura, you have a visitor." Amara said.

Alura lifted her head from her hands and gasped.

"My darling Arden. How you have grown, beautiful and strong. Did Kara survive the journey to Earth? Oh how I wish I could see her as well." Alura said with a warm tone.

Kara smiled, just like she had remembered.

"She did survive, mother. Her pod got knocked off course and it got stuck in the phantom zone for twenty-five years. One day her pod got out but, she pulled fort rozz out with her. Just a couple years ago she embraced her powers and used them to help people and catch those aliens that escaped fort rozz."

"Where is she, I need to see her. Please, it's been so long." Alura begged.

"I-I'm sorry mother, she died earlier on today." Arden had to lie, she couldn't blow her cover.

"Oh—" Alura burst into tears.

Kara couldn't help seeing her mother like this. She was so tempted to land and comfort her mother and tell her she was alright.

"Please, Amara. She has been in this cell for so many years, let her be a normal person and let her have a second chance at having a life. With me." Arden added.

"Ahhh, very well. She deserves a chance to live again, I suppose."

Amara gave in.

"I won't let you down, aunt." Arden said as she looked up at Kara to tell her to leave.

"Come, mother." Arden eased her mother out of the cell and flew out of the fortress of sanctuary.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Thanks for reading my story guys! I hope you enjoyed chapter 3! Please comment and like, I would love to know what you think of this chapter. Next chapter Alura and Kara are going to be reunited and there is going to be a bit of Karamel!

-E