Chapter 5

"Mother can I show you something?" Kara asked.

"Yes of course, my dear Kara".

Alura and Kara walked together until they reached a room in the DEO with a fingered lock.

"It only allows me and my sister to enter."

Kara placed her thumb onto the reader and the doors slides open.

"Oh, my," Alura put her hand to her face, trying to keep the tears in.

It was the hologram of Alura that Kara went to for advice or to just talk to everyday, when ever she could.

"You found it. I wasn't sure if you would know how to even turn it on-" Alura sobbed.

"Mother, I cam here everyday to listen to your voice. I know it wasn't the real thing, but it was better than not having you at all." Kara said as she put her hand on her shoulder.

"What did you use it for? Other than to listen to my voice, of course." Alura asked, looking at Kara.

"Well, when Astra came here, she told me that you used me to get her locked into Fort Rozz." Kara said, bringing up some memories that she rather keep buried.

"Oh, I'm sorry Kara. She was a criminal, it was my duty. Wait Astra is here?" Alura asked, needing to know the answer.

"-Was here. she died a couple of years ago." Kara said.

"Oh, uh how?" Alura asked.

"I'll tell you other time." Kara told her.

"Okay. Has anyone else used this hologram?" Alura questioned.

"Uh, yeah my sister used it when i was under the Black Mercy, but you didn't know what it was. Alex didn't use the words 'Black Mercy' because she didn't know what it was called." Kara admitted.

"Ah, yes the Black Mercy. Pesky creatures, did you know that it almost killed your grandfather? Oh, he was so shaken up when it released him." Alura said.

"Yeah, I experienced that too. I dreamt that i was back on Krypton and we were all a family again, it was the worst part when you were taken from me. Again." Kara said angrily.

May Non burn in hell. Kara thought.

"Kara! J'onn needs you upstairs there's an attack at Catco, something about Tenebris- or something-," Winn was cut off by Kara death staring into his eyes.

"Winn." Kara glared at him.

"Oh, my! I'm so sorry. It is so nice to meet you, Alura. I have heard so many great things about you!" Winn said, fumbling with his hair.

"Winn!" Kara shouted.

"Uh, sorry. I-I just really need you at Catco, Kara." Winn stumbled over his own foot.

"I'll be up in a minute, Winn. Jeeze, try not to fall over your own feet." Kara laughed.

Winn ran out of the room, mumbling to himself.

"Kara, it seems you have a duty to do." Alura said, running her hands through Kara's golden locks.

"Yeah, okay. Come on." Kara said.

Kara and Alura made there way upstairs as they were greeted by a very flustered Arden.

"Kara! It's Tenebris! They know your still alive!" Arden shouted.

"Okay, Arden you're coming with me. Alex, take care of my mother. Winn, order me some potstickers because I feel I'm gonna be really hungry after this fight." Kara said seriously.

Winn ran out holding Kara's credit card.

"Wait! Kara!" Winn shouted.

"What, Winn?" Kara asked, she was starting to get inpatient.

"What's your PIN number?" Winn asked.

"41088" Kara shouted across the room.   (I know you can't have 5 digits for a PIN number, I just wanted to put Melissa Benoist's Birthday in there [4th October 1988]).

"K" Winn said as he dashed out of the DEO.

"Shall we?" Kara asked Arden.

"We shall" Arden smirked at Kara as they flew out of the DEO balcony.

"That's my girls." Alura said.

At CatCo

"No please don't hurt me!" Eve screamed as Amara and her guards inched closer to the workers inside Catco.

"Stop! Aunt Amara, nice to see you again. It's been a while." Kara said as she flew through a window with Arden.

"Thirty years, and I can't say the same, little one." Amara scoffed.

"Don't call me that. Astra was the only one who could call me that." Kara warned.

"It's a shame that she's dead, isn't it?" Amara said, mocking Kara.

"Supergirl! Please help us!" Everyone begged, as Amara's guards came closer.

"Stop, don't touch them! What do you want huh?" Kara asked with anger in her tone.

"To kill you." Amara smirked.

"Amara, leader of Tenebris. I Supergirl, champion of planet Earth. Invoke the sacred right of Dakam Ore. To meet with you in single combat before the gods may the fate of my people rest on the fate of my life." Kara spoke.

"She spoke the sacred oath, how will you respond?" one of Amara's guards said.

"Dakam Ore. I accept your challenge, Supergirl. We duel in four hours, Tenebris assures you. It will be your last." Amara laughed as she and her Kryptonian guards flew away.

Kara stood there, breathing in and out. If these breaths will be her last, she better make them good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading chapter 5 of SuperReign! This chapter was slightly longer than the others, so I hope you enjoyed it! Please comment and vote, I would love to see what you thought of this chapter! Will Supergirl defeat Amara, or will these breaths really be her last? Also the last part about Supergirl and Amara having a fight, was from when Supergirl and Rhea were going to fight, I think it fit in the story well :).

Lots of Love,

-E