Chapter 4

Kara landed back at the DEO, waiting for Arden and her mother.

"Kara!" Alex called out.

"It's true, Alex! My mother is alive!" Kara burst into tears.

"Where's Arden?" Alex asked.

"Uh, she's coming. I couldn't blow her cover so i left before her to make sure that they got out safely." Kara said breathing heavily.

THUMP

"Kara?" Alura asked.

Kara turned around and saw her mother, tears streaming down her face.

"Mother?" Kara asked. She knew that her mother was still alive, but the idea of it was still unbelievable.

"Oh, my sweet angel. It's been so many years." Alura said as she walked over to Kara and cupped her face.

"Almost forty years for you mother. I was asleep for twenty-five years, but I still dreamt of you."  Kara said.

"As did I, every night." Alura said with a big, warm smile, which made Kara feel happy for the first time in about seven months.

"Kara?" Mon-El walked up to the balcony to greet Kara and everyone else.

"Ah, you must be Kara's mother. You brought such a light to this universe Alura, or Mrs Zor-El... Uh sorry." Mon-El stumbled on his words, trying to make a good impression with Kara's mother.

"Thank you, you are very kind. I must ask, who are you?" Alura questioned lightly.

"My name is Mon-El." Mon-El said with a smile.

"Of the Daxamites. Yes, I remember, you are the prince of Daxam." Alura said trying to hide her hatred of Daxamites.

"Mon-El is different mother. He and I used to date." Kara said reassuring her mother.

Kara told her mother about Mon-El and about their relationship and also why he had to leave.

"Ah, I see. Well I'm sure you are a delight Mon-El." Alura said, making Mon-El's heart warm.

Mon-El watched as he saw Kara and her mother speak, she looked so beautiful. She was finally happy, he couldn't ruin that. Mon-El put the black box back into his pocket.

"Um, excuse me. I hope to catch up with you later, Alura. Uh, see you later Kara, Alex, Arden." With that Mon-El left them to talk.

Alura looked around and saw someone fumbling around with their work badge.

"Are you alright, dear?" Alura asked.

Alex's head shot up and connected with Alura's eyes.

"Hm, oh! Yes, thank you." Alex said, lying.

"It seems like somethings bothering you." Alura asked again.

"If I'm going to be honest, Kara is my sister and I've always been the one to look after her. Now that she has both of you," She look up at Arden and Alura. "I feel that she doesn't need me anymore." Alex said, saying much more than she intended to.

"Alex, you will always have to look after me. Plus, Arden's is my little sister. Well, technically she's older, but I will always treat her as my little sister. As for my mother, I will need to take care of her now. And that leaves you. You're always gonna be stuck with me." Kara laughed as she gestured to Alex for a hug, and Alex took that hug with open arms. (no pun intended)

"Right! Mother, have you ever eaten a potsticker before?" Kara asked eagerly, dreaming of a potsticker in her mouth.

"A, what?" Alura asked, puzzled.

"Oh. My. Rao. YOU NEED TO TRY ONE, NO NOT ONE. MORE LIKE ONE HUNDRED!" Kara screamed.

"Kara! Calm down! We know all about your need for potstickers!" Alex said, calming Kara down.

"I can fly over to the Chinese place right now and get some!" Kara said about to blast off into the sky.

Arden ran over and stopped her.

"Alex, can you get one of your agents to get them. We can't have Supergirl ordering Chinese food." Arden said laughing.

"Sure" Alex laughed as walked away.

Kara came back to her mother, eager to ask a question.

"Mother can I show you something?" Kara asked.

"Yes of course, my dear Kara." Alura said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed chapter 4! I wonder what Kara is going to show Alura, maybe she's going to show her one of Kara's favourite pizza places..... I don't know!

Lots of Love

-E