Chapter 8

THUMP 

Arden landed on the DEO balcony with Alex and Kara in both arms hyperventilating after what had just happened. She let go of Alex and carried Kara bridal style.

"MON-EL!!!" Arden screamed, needing someone to help her.

Mon-El quickly turned around from talking to Winn and now super speeding up to the trio.

Mon-El got a glance of Kara, "What in Rao happened?" Mon-El heard voices in his head, drumming in his head. "Kara's dead. She's dead, there's nothing you can do."

"Amara stabbed her with a Kryptonite knife, but she's still alive Mon-El." Arden breathed as she waited from a response from Mon-El. 

 The voices in his head immediately stopped when he heard that she was alive. "Calm down, both of you. Give her to me." Mon-El reached his arms out gesturing for Kara to be put gently into his hands.

Arden placed Kara gently into Mon-El's arms. She couldn't loose her sister, she just found her.

"Alex, your a doctor. Come with me." Mon-El rushed past Alura, Winn and J'onn to the medical bay with a beaten Kara in his arms, and with no doubt they all followed him.

"Alex darling, what has happened?" Alura asked wearily. 

"Amara stabbed her with a kryptonite knife. If Kara dies, then Amara will take over National City. Not to worry, She's in good hands." When Alex said that, Alura looked down at Alex's hands and saw they were drenched in Kara's blood, and sighed deeply.

"Please take care of my daughter." Alura looked back up at Alex's face.

"Absolutely." With that Alex turned around and ran into the medical bay. 

After Surgery

Mon-El was sitting by Kara's bedside watching her chest rise and fall over and over again. Even on the brink of death she was still so beautiful, he wondered how this was possible but at that very moment it didn't matter. Nothing mattered but Kara.

Alura and Alex walked in and Alura sat down in the chair opposite Kara's bed.

Alura started to speak, "So Alex, what did you do in her surgery. I want to know everything, do not hold back." Alex was surprised Alura wanted to know such festive details.

"Um, okay. Well first, we put her down on the surgical table and located the wound. We cut open the wound to look in deeper to look for any kryptonite, which there was. We think that Amara snapped the knife into Kara, so there was about five inches of kryptonite inside Kara's abdomen. We got all the pieces out without failure and stitched her up." Alex fiddled with her pen as she waited for a response from Alura.

"Well that sounds colourful." Everyones head turned as they saw Kara awake and talking, already making jokes which made Mon-El giggle a little.

"Kara, you're awake! Oh Rao I thought I lost you." Mon-El said.

"You could never lose me, Mon-El." Kara said as her eyes connected with Mon-El's eyes. They stayed there for a good five seconds before getting interrupted by Alex.

"Um, so I'm gonna give you guys some space." Alex said awkwardly while giggling at Kara, as she left the room.

Kara glared at Alex as she left, but also giggled to herself as well. 

"Mother." Kara breathed.

"Kara, my beautiful daughter. How do you feel?" Alura asked, not wanting her daughter to be in pain.

"Well normally I would say that I am fine, but this time is an exception. I feel like I have just been stabbed with a kryptonite knife and what I found really funny was that no one noticed that there was five inches of kryptonite still in me until like an hour after I got stabbed, which really hurt by the way." Kara laughed but then immediately regretted it as she winced in pain and then frowned.

"Oh Kara, I'm so sorry this happened to you. This is all my fault." Alura sobbed into her hand.

"No, this was my choice." Kara reassured her mother.

"Um mother, can you give Mon-El and I a minute?" Kara asked.

"Sure." Alura smiled and left.

Kara and Mon-El were alone in the room, sat in silence.

"You know, you really scared me there." Mon-El broke the silence as he spoke to Kara.

"I know, I'm sorry. So are we gonna talk about what happened?" Kara asked Mon-El, smiling.

"I hoped you would say that. I'm sorry it took me so long to tell you that I still loved you. I guess it was still surreal being back, after such a long time." Mon-El breathed. "Kara as soon as I saw you, I knew that I still loved you." Mon-El said with a gentle smile.

"I love you too, I mean how could I not. Look at that face." Kara laughed as she took Mon-El's face into her hands.

"I might regret this, because of the pain but it's worth it." Kara said as she leaned up to Mon-El's face and kissed him deeply. 

What they didn't know was that everyone was watching them through the window.

Winn pumped his fists into the air and said," Karamel is back!" 

Kara and Mon-El turned their heads and glared at Winn, "Hey Winn, if I could walk right now, I would totally punch you into space." Kara smiled and sat back down again and once again wincing in extreme pain.

After Kara recovered from the pain she said, "Not gonna lie, that kiss was so worth the pain." 

"Okay but next time, I'll come down to you." Mon-El smiled as she leaned his head down to Kara's and kissed her.

Kara pulled away from the kiss, "Deal." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted a chapter in so long, I have been tied up with school stuff.

Also if you love Melissa Benoist and Supergirl, I have a Instagram account dedicated to them if you want to follow me its called : melissabenoist_88 and I post daily!

I think the next chapter is going to be more focused on Kara getting better and Arden/Reign/Sam. 

- E <3